advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1DX Mark III will be Canon's last DSLR top of the line camera
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 29, 2021 11:22AM

The 1 series Canon cameras helped Canon take the crown from Nikon as the dominant player 35m SLR film and then 35mm sensor world. It pushed SLR boundaries for decades until being shoved aside by the sleeker MILC format that Sony made into a serious platform. I still remember the thrill of shooting my 1DS full frame for $6500 and the 8fps of a 1D Mark IIn. Those were good times. MILC has definitely taken over and the 1DX III will ride into the wind with it's bulk and all.

[www.dpreview.com]

In an interview with the Yomiuri Shimbun, a major newspaper in Japan, Canon CEO, President and Chairman, Fujio Mitarai, confirmed the EOS-1D X Mark III will be the company’s last flagship DSLR camera as the company continues its transition to mirrorless systems.

The interview, which was first spotted by Y.M.Cinema Magazine, was part of a longer article regarding the overall state of the camera market and its rapid switch to mirrorless technologies. But in it, we get a fairly clear look at Canon’s current mindset regarding its shift to mirrorless. According to Yomiuri Shimbun, ‘[Mitarai] revealed that the company will end the development and production of its flagship digital SLR camera models in a few years and “concentrate on mirrorless cameras.”

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1DX Mark III will be Canon's last DSLR top of the line camera
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 29, 2021 11:27AM
Posts from the thread that I posted on the wrong side.

Acer
Got no problem with the march of progress to mirrorless.
A little miffed that all that old glass needs an adapter.

A physical issue, SLR lenses were designed to work from a distance to the film/sensor with the mirror box in the way. MILC doesn't have this gap. The adapters so provide focus and communications but at the minimum, recreate the mirror box gap.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2021 12:27PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 29, 2021 12:20PM
makes me very sad. cry smiley

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: JPK
Date: December 29, 2021 01:16PM
My 7D Mark II has like 150k shutter clicks on it and I was hoping to upgrade. At $6,500 the 1DX Mark III looks like it may be out of my budget range?

John P. Kelly
Posted by: archipirata
Date: December 29, 2021 02:04PM
My main camera is Sony's last flagship DSLR, the a99 Mark II. It fits all my Sony a-mount lenses plus all of my vintage Minolta lenses going back to the 1980s. I love the A-mount system and since the mirrorless systems don't offer me compelling reasons to switch given they types of shooting I do, I'm going to try to keep it as my main system as long as possible. I'll be sad when it bites the dust but technology marches on.

Athens, OH
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 29, 2021 02:09PM
archipirata
My main camera is Sony's last flagship DSLR, the a99 Mark II. It fits all my Sony a-mount lenses plus all of my vintage Minolta lenses going back to the 1980s. I love the A-mount system and since the mirrorless systems don't offer me compelling reasons to switch given they types of shooting I do, I'm going to try to keep it as my main system as long as possible. I'll be sad when it bites the dust but technology marches on.

Watch the prices on used stuff, and grab another body when the price is right. I might grab another Canon 5d M III, or maybe a IV, and 1 or 2 more L lenses.

You can still take phenomenal images with a Crown Graphic press camera. Obsolete most certainly doesn't mean useless. They are tools. If the tool still does the job you need to do, why change?

3 of my cars still have carburetors, and two of those still have points distributors. Still run just fine.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 05:30PM by Racer X.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 152
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020