advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
COVID booster question
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: December 30, 2021 04:43PM
Question for those of you who have received your booster shot, particularly the Moderna shot. I received my Moderna booster Monday afternoon. I did have a reaction to the shot, but it was much milder (mild body aches and fatigue) than my reaction to my second Moderna shot.

However, it's three days later and my left shoulder where I received the booster injection is still noticeably warmer to the touch than both my right shoulder and the rest of my left arm. Has anybody else experienced this with the booster? Besides the additional warmth at the injection site, I feel 100% normal.

It is what it is.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 04:46PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: COVID booster question
Posted by: hal
Date: December 30, 2021 04:47PM
my 3rd moderna shot was the most mild of the three - the arm hurt for a few days
Posted by: Michael
Date: December 30, 2021 04:47PM
Not me. It was sore to the touch for a couple of days but not noticeably warm.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 30, 2021 04:52PM
My Moderna booster shot slammed me hard. I had fever, aches, chills etc. for about a day or so.

The only vaccine that made my arm hot was the Typhoid Fever shot. It actually made my arm red, and I could feel the heat radiating off my arm without even touching it.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 30, 2021 05:00PM
Not warmer, but hurt for 3-4 days.
Posted by: Afterall
Date: December 30, 2021 05:03PM
After my 2nd and booster Moderna shot I also had a fever, aches, and chills. But no feeling of warmth.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 30, 2021 05:13PM
My booster was not too bad. I got my Flu shot on the other arm at the same time. The booster hurt more that day, the flu arm was more sore the next.

I felt really tired for about 24 hours, like a great weight was sitting on my chest.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: December 30, 2021 05:14PM
I had all 3 Pfizer, but #2 and #3 had localized heat for 3-4 days. It's an inflammatory response by your immune system. Well within normal expectations.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Date: December 30, 2021 05:22PM
Racer X
I had all 3 Pfizer, but #2 and #3 had localized heat for 3-4 days. It's an inflammatory response by your immune system. Well within normal expectations.

I get that, but I didn't experience it with either of the original two shots. I'm not really concerned, just curious.

EDIT: I will say (and should have stated earlier) that the day after I received my booster, I was notified by my employer that I had been exposed to somebody who subsequently tested positive for COVID. As it happened, the day after I received my booster was the fifth day after the exposure - there was no way to know if the mild symptoms I experienced were from the booster or the exposure! My employer provided me with an at-home test which I tried to use yesterday but botched. I may just have to bite the bullet and get myself tested tomorrow.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 05:25PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Date: December 30, 2021 05:26PM
Sure. I had NO response to #1. The idea is to make your body learn to defend against it. #2 was the worst. #3 was marginal, but heat, some swelling and redness for 3-4 days.

My partner had minimal response from all 3.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 30, 2021 05:32PM
My third Moderna was the worst with fever and a longer-lasting sore arm. It was half-strength.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2021 05:33PM by Dennis S.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: December 30, 2021 05:42PM
I think everyone can react different.

I had Moderna X 2, then Pfizer for the boost.
All three gave me a sore sore arm for a day or so plus...

Wife had Pfizer X 2 reaction was tiredness.
Booster was Moderna, she had sore arm, tired, and nausea.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: December 30, 2021 05:51PM
No reaction on the 3 Modernas. I believe it's dependent on the skill of the jabber!
fwiw, I'm convinced there will be more jabs required...

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Date: December 30, 2021 05:53PM
MrNoBody
No reaction on the 3 Modernas. I believe it's dependent on the skill of the jabber!

I will say that the nurse who gave me the booster shot was so good I didn't even feel the needle.

It is what it is.
Date: December 30, 2021 06:09PM
MrNoBody
fwiw, I'm convinced there will be more jabs required...

I'm sure we will need a second booster, and likely yearly updated boosters along with our flu shot. I'm OK with that if enough people get on board.

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: ArtP
Date: December 30, 2021 07:23PM
I got the Moderna booster about 10 days ago.

Not sure if I was just stressed from work, the holidays, and other life stuff going on but felt pretty tired for about 3 or 5 days. Think it was more general life more so than the shot.

I don't really like needles so I didn't look at the jab but noticed a couple days later the shot was done at the very top of my arm (I shower at least once a day, but took two or three days to see the band aid position - sleepy in the am and usually rushing for work) I thought I just didn't get a band aid like previous shots.

That means I probably didn't feel pain or warmth from the booster to answer your question.

This time I went through a Drive Thru vax center so that was equally stressful. I hate going to a Drive Thru for Fast Food so you KNOW this had me screwed up mentally - lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2021 09:55AM by ArtP.
Posted by: Todd's keyboard
Date: December 30, 2021 07:30PM
Triple Pfizered (yesterday afternoon as the most recent). Don't recall any strong reaction from any of the three.

I checked, and none of the syringes looked like Cyalume. (Was hoping I might discover my latent superpower.)

Usual workout this morning (30-minute pedal on a recumbent exercise bike and row a 10k on a Concept II.) Just came in from shoveling snow.

Noticed a stronger-than-normal desire for a cashew wrapped in caramel and covered in chocolate, but that might be from looking at the iPad box, and has nothing to do with the vaccine.

Todd's mRNA board
Posted by: JoeM
Date: December 30, 2021 07:48PM
I've heard some people get a warm sensation for a few days at the injection point. I had my Moderna booster beginning of Nov. I had one bad night and day. It was the least severe of all three for me.

JoeM
Posted by: RgrF
Date: December 30, 2021 08:49PM
My Moderna third was a full rather than 1/2 dose. Slightly sore for a day or two - nothing else. I was disappointed with the lack of reaction.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 30, 2021 08:50PM
A warm spot on my arm the size of my fist was the only side-effect I had from my Moderna shot.

Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: December 31, 2021 12:30AM
I know a few people that reported warm or aching armpit. Reputable medical people indicate it is likely a lymph node reaction. Those people said the sensation went away after 3-4 days.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: modelamac
Date: December 31, 2021 07:14AM
N-...,

Mywife & I got all 3 Modefrna shots and never experienced what you describe. My wife did have some soreness for a couple of days with each shot but I had none. I'm sure soreness results from tense muscle at the shot site. If you relax, there inso soreness.

I can understand why some might experience a bit of warmth at the ejection site -that is where the body was "attacked" and the immune system has sent the "healing troops" to defend the site.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: December 31, 2021 08:31AM
Having gotten all three vaccines -- it was interesting to me that the only one I had a serious reaction to was the Moderna (first shot) ... J&J was a very painful shot, but no real reaction after, Pfizer was a virtually painless shot and again no real serious reaction after, but the Moderna ... yikes. I definitely felt that one well afterwards. Then the booster on the Moderna, virtually no reaction to that.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 31, 2021 09:21AM
Moderna x 3. Mild pain at the injection site, nothing else. I guess I have a wimpy immune system in my old age.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: December 31, 2021 03:07PM
Moderna #2 gave me a bit of "Moderna arm" which was sore, red and a little inflamed and warm for a few days. That was only #2; not Moderna #1--and my booster was Pfizer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020