advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Some good news for a good New Year-99 items to cheer you up!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 30, 2021 10:47PM
[medium.com]

Here's a random one which lifted me up a bit:

Bangladesh, home to 160 million people, celebrated a ‘development miracle’ in 2021, its 50th year of independence. In the last three decades, GDP per capita has increased seven fold, 24 million people have been lifted out of poverty, life expectancy has risen to 73 years, infant and maternal mortality rates have fallen by a factor of five, the literacy rate has increased from 35% to 74%, and more than 97% of the population now has access to electricity, up from 62% in 2014.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Some good news for a good New Year-99 items to cheer you up!
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 30, 2021 11:52PM
Good luck to them; they’ll need it. Something near 75% of Bangladesh is said to be below sea level, with another 17% threatened by rising seas by 2050.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer - maybe I’ll check out the rest of the Medium list.
Re: Some good news for a good New Year-99 items to cheer you up!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: December 31, 2021 01:33PM
1. That statistic is erroneous. Maybe you're addicted to Debbie Downer info?
2. Do you think they're better or worse prepared to deal with sea level rise, or anything else, if they have a 7X higher GDP, more than doubled their literacy rate, and increased access to electricity by 50%?

pdq
Good luck to them; they’ll need it. Something near 75% of Bangladesh is said to be below sea level, with another 17% threatened by rising seas by 2050.

Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer - maybe I’ll check out the rest of the Medium list.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020