advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adapter for Handbrake?
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 08, 2022 09:30AM
What USB dongle thingy is recommended to bring VCR output into MacOS hardware?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adapter for Handbrake?
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 08, 2022 09:35AM
I have an El Gato video-to-USB adapter. It's not the greatest, software is pretty minimal, but it's functional. The old Canopus digitizers were great, but you have to have a Firewire port.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 08, 2022 11:12AM
2nd the old Canopus. Even have a digital blocking key combo.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 08, 2022 12:59PM
My Canopus stopped working after 8 years. For the past ten years, I’ve used a Blackmagic Design Intensity Shuttle USB3 capture device. The picture quality is far better than the Canopus ADVC300, but because it captures in either uncompressed format or mjpeg, files take up far more space than the dv encoded Canopus produced files. I’ve had no audio/video sync problems. The Canopus was also great at keeping audio and video in sync.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: January 08, 2022 01:10PM
didn't know BM made non-pro items.

Good to know.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 08, 2022 01:25PM
I've been using a Hauppauge HD-PVR for captures for a while now, but they don't work all that well with SD analog inputs, aka direct from a standard VCR. I fixed this by capturing with a Panasonic BD-VCP deck that I picked up in an Amazon fire sale (they sell used now for several multiples of what I paid for it) connected to the Hauppage box. Outstanding quality.
Posted by: dk62
Date: January 09, 2022 06:38PM
I am just in the middle of digitizing several dozen analog camcorder tapes. I run the analog input through a digital camcorder (Sharp VL-NZ100) and capture firewire output through dongles.

Fortunately, I had all the legacy equipment lying around the house (analog and digital camcorders, AKITO TB2 hub with firewire, TB2-to-TB3 cable).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020