advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Two thumbs up on Amazon's Asurion extended warranty partner
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: January 08, 2022 12:00PM
I'm a big fan of what are called the super- or fully- automated espresso machines, that do it all: grind the beans, compress the plug, make the drink, and then drop the used plug into an internal bin. Been using them pretty exclusively in my home office since 2007, and gone through 3 units.

The last 2 times, I've purchased through Amazon and then gotten the attached Asurion 4-year warranty for $50-70, because these are complex, quirky machines that can go belly up at any time.

Each time, Asurion has been really stellar in their process. First, they send a pre-paid UPS label, so shipping the big device back and forth is covered. Second, they give constant email and text updates on when the item's been received, periodic reports, etc. And finally, if they can't repair it, they quickly give you the full price paid in Amazon gift card.

My latest unit, a sweet Saeco xSmall bit the dust last week, and after sending it back to Asurion, they informed me last night that they couldn't repair it, so they're sending the full price amount. After shopping around this morning, I'm doing the process again, this time with a slight upgrade and new 4-year Asurion warranty for $60 extra.

Just my 2¢ on the company. I don't buy insurance on 95% of most things (including my Apple products), but with stuff that I know is prone to break, Asurion is well worth it.

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Monterey 12.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Two thumbs up on Amazon's Asurion extended warranty partner
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 08, 2022 12:15PM
Asurion was the insurance provider with Sprint, I only used them once. Was worth it.
Re: Two thumbs up on Amazon's Asurion extended warranty partner
Posted by: Michael
Date: January 08, 2022 12:59PM
Years ago I bought a pretty cheap treadmill and an Asurion warranty. The thing went south (broke the frame) and I called them. The guy said it had to be sent back and I pointed out it weighed a ton. He was off the call for a min or 2 then came back and told me they'd cover the cost and could I take it to Goodwill. I didn't take it there because it didn't seem right to pass on a broken machine. But I got a check from them. I was impressed that it was so easy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020