The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
An extremely sad couple of days.
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 08, 2022 01:01PM
Detectives identify victims of double homicide at Tulare and Peach in Fresno
[kmph.com]

I've known Melba since she was a 17 year old freshman at Chico State back in 1980. I'd already been there since 1977. I've been close to her family ever since then.

She started an events planning and execution business in 2005 and asked me to join it that day. Basically, it's a side business for me. This woman knew how to make money. A bigger than life person with a huge smile and effervescent personality. All I ever had to do was plug into a fully planned event and do my work.

We got to hire tons of our friends and their children as helpers and it's been a real blessing.

Her father, Mel was like a second dad to me. He was a minister and a real estate entrepreneur. He owned many properties. He taught me how to acquire properties without even necessarily having the money. The man could flip a property. I loved him and his wife Della (who passed 10 years ago).

They're in Fresno. Yesterday morning I got a call from Melba's sister Julia. I braced myself for her to tell me about her father passing as he's been ill. I was floored when he told me Melba and Mel were killed in a homicide. I am just blown away.

Melba has 3 kids. I called her husband (former husband but they're still close) to tell him that my heart was with him. I also had to call the girls that they share (grown with their own kids) and it was just crushing.

The pandemic has really destroyed the event business but just last week she was telling me about plans for the spring and summer. She was geeked about getting out there if we could. I always enjoy my time with her. She always elevated me and made me feel more special than I am.

There's more to this that isn't mentioned in the news stories. But I can't talk about that yet.

My best friend from college, Candis is her sister in law. Yesterday, Candis and I talked for hours. We're tired. We've lost so many of our close people in the last couple of years. Our moms, our brothers, 4 of my childhood best buddies, my sports fanatic buddies Teddy Ted and Johnny are gone and Fred (Fast Fred) had a stroke and is in a nursing home. My boys that rooted alongside me the Lakers, Dodgers, Rams and Kings from when we were in Junior High School. We caught the bus to Dodgers stadium super early to catch fly balls. Now when I go to Dodgers games it's just me sitting there and that @#$%& sucks.

When I go down to L.A., where I grew up it's like driving around a graveyard. I love L.A., but it's hard to be there.

I am so upset. I can't believe we have to lose our sweet baby Melba and her dad in such a vicious way. They did not deserve this. Rest in Heaven darling.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: An extremely sad couple of days.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 08, 2022 01:03PM
I am so very sorry for your loss. What a horrible tragedy.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 08, 2022 01:09PM
That is so sad. Please do take care of yourself.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 08, 2022 01:09PM
Oh Gods… what a tragedy.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 08, 2022 01:10PM
so sad...
Posted by: Michael
Date: January 08, 2022 01:11PM
That is so terrible. I'm so sorry.
Posted by: davester
Date: January 08, 2022 01:16PM
So sad to hear that vision. You are the light of the forum and you deserve more light than the darkness you're seeing now. My deepest sympathy and best wishes to you.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: January 08, 2022 01:20PM
cry smiley

V, I am sorry for your loss(es). Lives stolen. Futures gone. You are right, it sucks.

=TC
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: January 08, 2022 01:46PM
That is horrible!

So sorry for your and the family's loss.

R.I.P. Mel and Melba.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: August West
Date: January 08, 2022 02:42PM
Condolences, vision.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 08, 2022 02:42PM
I really don't know what to say other than I'm sorry and you're in my thoughts.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 08, 2022 02:47PM
My condolences for your loss. May good memories help carry you through these challenging times.
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 08, 2022 03:22PM
I am very sorry. Such a horrible ending. I hope everyone can find justice and peace.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 08, 2022 05:16PM
I am so sorry such pain has touched your life and those of her family and friends.

Hold her in your heart. Nothing can touch her there, only your enduring love. That’s what I’ve learned to do. Maintain a perfect world bathed in light and warmth and the love that was shared. That cannot be extinguished.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: Don C
Date: January 08, 2022 07:05PM
Adding to the chorus of condolences. Wish we could help ease the pain.
Posted by: DP
Date: January 08, 2022 07:28PM
Mind boggling... Such a waste and for what?

My condolences on your great loss and hope that justice will be served too.

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: January 08, 2022 08:58PM
Oh vision, words fail me completely. My heart aches for you and for all the friends and family who are stunned by the loss of these lovely and vibrant human beings. My deepest condolences. I hope you can just breathe for now.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 08, 2022 09:11PM
I am so sorry for the losses. Truly saddens me.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: January 09, 2022 12:00AM
Oh man…
I am so very sorry, my condolences.
Stay strong, justice will prevail.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 09, 2022 07:17PM
I have no words that can lighten the weight of your pain, Vis.

I wish I did.

I do know that you will get through this, as well as anyone possibly can after suffering such a horrific loss.

That's not now.

Being there for you other family members is possibly the best thing you can do for yourself.

You are in my thoughts, as well as those of the forum members.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 121
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020