advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone and the Weather app observations
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: January 10, 2022 11:53AM
Went camping with a friend who uses an iPhone 13 (I believe) on the Verizon network. My iPhone is an SE 2020 and runs on the AT&T network. We noticed that when using the built in weather app the temps reported for whereve we were almost always registered about 5 degrees higher on his iPhone than the ones reported on my iPhone. Both our iPhones were running the latest version of IOS available for them.

Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation for this? Oh, it was cold and I liked the temps on his iPhone better than the ones on mine, but it has to be a much colder day in Hell before I return to Verizon.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone and the Weather app observations
Posted by: PeterW
Date: January 10, 2022 12:20PM
Sounds like one of you had the app set to report on your current location and the other had their home location.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: January 10, 2022 03:52PM
Agree with PeterW.
Current location shows as an arrow, center left on the bottom. Locations show as dots.
Posted by: bobinmurphy
Date: January 10, 2022 07:36PM
PeterW
Sounds like one of you had the app set to report on your current location and the other had their home location.

Nope, both set to report the locations we were camped at. Besides, we were 600 miles from home and the temps between where we were camped and home were far more than 5 degrees different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020