Re: Hey, is space-time awol?
Posted by: mrp-admin
Date: January 11, 2022 02:21PM
Date last active 12/04/2021 02:31PM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 11, 2022 02:23PM
Looks like the great snit over Newt's departure was space-time's last post.

[forums.macresource.com]

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 11, 2022 03:15PM
I banned a few peeps after that thread, including newt wannabees.

I keep getting randomly logged off, maybe one time soon I just might not log back in =)

sekker said he was quitting Dec 25... but has posted since then smiling smiley

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2022 03:19PM by jdc.
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: January 11, 2022 03:48PM
Maybe space-time went to visit the family in the "old country" (Romania?).
Know he lives up in NJ somewhere near Rutgers or Princeton.

Hopefully he just took an extended vacation!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: davester
Date: January 11, 2022 04:12PM
Technically, space-time is always with us and in fact makes up the very fabric of our universe.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: DP
Date: January 11, 2022 06:27PM
Re: The December 4th post:

Boy, this is an interesting thread! That the criticism of Newt and her brand of posting can't be allowed on THIS forum because of much of her content, then, what? off with her head? Yes, she did post an ugly thing but there have been some posts from others here-including myself-that incurred an admonition from the Powers That Be. So be it.

And, while I didn't care much for TV listings as I don't watch Network sitcoms nor award shows, I'll bet good money some here (including the lurkers) did. Not to mention that it was harmless...

But it also comes back to a thing that just amazes me at times-that being the attitudes of some here that claim to be oh, so tolerant and oh, so open-minded when, in fact, you're not. Because of the tenor of this forum, I've seen posts that I was surprised that they were even allowed. To me, worse than most that Newt posted.

So, let he who cast the first stone, or those who live in glass houses, etc., etc... And, as others have posted, there is an "Ignore this user" tab. Use it.

Unless you're above the rest of us...

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2022 06:31PM by DP.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: January 11, 2022 06:42PM
I find it rather interesting that one of Newt's biggest critics now posts rather useless content with click-baity headlines themselves... Almost like they were clearing the way for their own posts... Sure, it's not in the same volume of Newt... But it's very weird [to me at least]...
Posted by: August West
Date: January 11, 2022 07:24PM
Yup

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: Pat
Date: January 11, 2022 08:00PM
Gareth
I find it rather interesting that one of Newt's biggest critics now posts rather useless content with click-baity headlines themselves...

Same as it ever was.
Posted by: Z
Date: January 11, 2022 08:52PM
I touched base with S-T - they’re fine, he’s just taking a break.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 11, 2022 08:58PM
Z

Thanks!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 11, 2022 09:49PM
good to know.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 11, 2022 10:21PM
Z

We'll keep a virtual beverage ready for when S-T returns... I've taken "breaks" from the forum myself over the years.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 11, 2022 10:57PM

I'm happy to hear that, and hope he returns soon.

He's a value-added kind of guy.

But it also comes back to a thing that just amazes me at times-that being the attitudes of some here that claim to be oh, so tolerant and oh, so open-minded when, in fact, you're not.

I've noticed similar from time to time.

Maybe mrp-admin figures such times are mere dust-ups that will settle quickly without any hackin' and culling of the populations.

Maybe, I don't know.

That the criticism of Newt and her brand of posting can't be allowed on THIS forum because of much of her content...

This always amuses me.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, until they aren't, apparently.

Certainly civility should be maintained when critiquing a member's post, and some, no doubt myself included, don't always remember that.

As long as there's no TOS violation and decorum observed, it's not throwing stoned in glass houses to critique or criticize someone's posting.

Aside from one member's profound dislike of Newt, others have been disastisfied with the posting style and have drawn ire to dare criticize.

Why can't they INGNORE the critiquing/criticism just like the expect those annoyed by her posting style?

Truth be told, I think it's the style and not at all the substance that draws ire.

I seriously doubt the number of people who would object to a mere listing TV of programs would come anywhere near double digits.

Color me one of the rare few, apparently, that doesn't revel in the puerile humor, or tortured word play of those posts.

The latter is somewhat tolerable for me, but not the former.

And one well respected member offered their take, as well they should be allowed, and was immediately attacked for doing so.

That wasn't the first time, either.

Nobody, and that includes myself, called that into question.

Two things would make all this a non-issue for me:

Limit the length of the subject lines, and allow threads to be put on IGNORE, as well as members.

I doubt either are possible with this software, and even if either were, it's not like it would come to pass.

There's also the probability posts quoting an IGNORED user's post would still be seen in an unignored thread, though I could live with that.

My last thought on this subject is the 'If I can ignore, you should be able to, too' doctrine is BS.

Now, back to the original point of the post, I hope s-t returns soon.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 11, 2022 11:14PM
I somehow strike a balance of not being crazy about her posts but feel pretty strongly they should be allowed. Just seemed to me like there was room for it. If we stayed on topic we'd have very little to talk about.

Posted by: jdc
Date: January 11, 2022 11:15PM
Well, I have to stay a little longer, putting some things on the For Sale & Free Side. big grin smiley

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: davester
Date: January 12, 2022 12:19AM
Forget it Jake, it's the internet.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: August West
Date: January 12, 2022 10:33AM

Forget it Jake, it's the internet.

Exactly.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 16, 2022 09:35AM
jdc
I banned a few peeps after that thread, including newt wannabees.

I keep getting randomly logged off, maybe one time soon I just might not log back in =)

sekker said he was quitting Dec 25... but has posted since then smiling smiley

I’ve tossed all bookmarks and visit about once a week if I feel in a healthy mindset.

Mostly visiting due to PM messages.

I stand by my statements regarding Newt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020