advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The cause of the 5G C-band concerns from the FAA
Posted by: gabester
Date: January 14, 2022 02:19PM
I've followed the news on this all too closely just because I consider it bizarre. After knowing for a while that the FCC had actioned C-band spectrum for 5G, a few months ago the FAA started trying to delay the activation because it might "interfere with altimeters" - despite these same aircraft (and presumably altimeters) already being in use internationally in other countries where similar 5G service was already active.

Spoiler alert - it looks like everyone's favorite domestic airplane manufacturer has another potentially life threatening coding mess to clean up, as the 787-MAX may "need longer stopping distances" on runways where there is 5G C-band interference.

EDIT - forgot to include relevant news article: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-14/u-s-faa-issues-first-aircraft-specific-limits-due-to-5g-signals

Because, you know, for some reason, that 5G signal screws something up and causes the plane to not apply the breaks hard enough?

g=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2022 02:22PM by gabester.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The cause of the 5G C-band concerns from the FAA
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: January 14, 2022 04:42PM
Boeing continues to be the WTF of the aerospace industry. Just unreal.
Posted by: chopper
Date: January 14, 2022 06:03PM
"breaks"
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 14, 2022 06:44PM
Will Collier
Boeing continues to be the WTF of the aerospace industry. Just unreal.

And it doesn't need to be that way either. dunno smiley

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 14, 2022 07:27PM
gabester
I've followed the news on this all too closely just because I consider it bizarre. After knowing for a while that the FCC had actioned C-band spectrum for 5G, a few months ago the FAA started trying to delay the activation because it might "interfere with altimeters" - despite these same aircraft (and presumably altimeters) already being in use internationally in other countries where similar 5G service was already active.

My guess is the FAA being a politically driven entity, is at the whim of whatever administration is in charge. However as I understand it, and correct me if I’m wrong, the aerospace industry as a whole has been raising concerns about 5G for several years. What they are saying is interference has been demonstrated in laboratory conditions, and therefore warrants further investigation. If this is proven, then the onus is on the wireless industry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020