Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
F/U: Custom Mercury Heads to Auction
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 15, 2022 07:55PM
From this post 6 days ago.

Sold for $1.95 million. I was so-o-o-o-o-o close. (not)

Autoweek

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: F/U: Custom Mercury Heads to Auction
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 15, 2022 10:41PM
Yeah, I bowed out at $1.6M, gotta save up for the down payment for the next time my old buddy Steve's 1962 ride comes up for grabs.... cool smiley

Guess the Merc just wasn't meant for a MRF garage this time.
==
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 16, 2022 04:33PM
275, that's pretty nice. My next Ferrari will be a 250 GTO--in my dreams.

Friend of mine had one, sold it years ago before I knew him. I didn't have the heart to ask him what he got for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2022 04:34PM by lost in space.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 16, 2022 06:00PM
I'm holding out for the Buick GSX prototype. 1 of 1. Leather rear bucket seats.

Or one of Dalton's Rivieras from Roadhouse.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2022 06:01PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 16, 2022 09:03PM
Or one of Dalton's Rivieras from Roadhouse.

Pops was in his Buick phase in the early-mid 60's. After his off-white '61 Invicta, he had three "Dalton's" to carry him thru to his '66 Pontiac Bonneville, followed quickly w/ his '67 Ford LTD (w/ hot rod 428). Back then, Pops got a new ride ~15 - 18 months, and those Rivieras are still my all time faves that he ever had. The maternal unit got a new station wagon ~every 3'ish years, after a late 50's Ford wagon caught fire in the garage, and she was switched to Chevy's.... strangest thing; the keys to mom's '65 Impala wagon (my all time fave family wagon) were interchangeable w/ the '66 Bonne. Both were similar shades of yellow.

I was so f'ing pissed when that last Dalton was morphed into the Bonne.... but then karma kicked in, and as soon as Pops brought the second yellow monster home, he let my sister take it out to wherever she was going...., and of course she immediately crunched it. I pleaded w/ Pops to get the Riviera back, but no joy. Turned out he wasn't thrilled w/ it after sissy crunched it, so the (ridiculously fast) big block LTD was an improvement for everybody.... but still not close to garnering the lost love of the Daltons.

The GSX proto was made of unobtainium. Wasn't there recently a NIB GNX that a dealer kept for shiggles that saw the light of day, that might keep ya happy while ya wait for that proto?
==
Posted by: Wags
Date: January 17, 2022 05:40PM

I thought you were talking about dimes. One of my fav coins. Got a little excited.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020