advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
“ PayPal stole users’ money after freezing, seizing funds, lawsuit alleges “
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 16, 2022 10:55AM
‘ PayPal is facing a class-action lawsuit alleging that the digital payments company violated racketeering laws by freezing customer funds without offering an explanation.

When users contacted PayPal about the frozen funds, they were told they had violated the company’s “acceptable use policy” but weren’t told how that violation had occurred, the lawsuit says. What’s more, it alleges that in at least one instance, PayPal said that a user would “have to get a subpoena” to find out why.

“PayPal violates its own Agreement by failing to provide adequate notice to users whose accounts have had holds placed on them,” the lawsuit says. When PayPal does let users know it placed a hold on their funds, “it does not inform such users why such funds are being held, how they can obtain a release of the hold, and/or how they can avoid future holds being placed on their accounts.”

It also says that PayPal takes the money for itself after a 180-day hold period. “PayPal’s user agreement and acceptable use policy cannot be used as a ‘license to steal,’” the complaint says. ‘

[arstechnica.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2022 10:56AM by btfc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ PayPal stole users’ money after freezing, seizing funds, lawsuit alleges “
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 16, 2022 12:16PM
btfc
“PayPal’s user agreement and acceptable use policy cannot be used as a ‘license to steal,’”

PayPal sez: "Hold my beer".
Re: “ PayPal stole users’ money after freezing, seizing funds, lawsuit alleges “
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 16, 2022 09:34PM
Paypal froze funds from this forum when we raised funds for victims of Hurricane Katrina. It was a hassle to get it freed up. Seems like they are still up to similar shenanigans.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 17, 2022 09:25AM
pRICE cUBE
Paypal froze funds from this forum when we raised funds for victims of Hurricane Katrina. It was a hassle to get it freed up. Seems like they are still up to similar shenanigans.

I thought it was them involved in our fundraising effort but I couldn't find the specific post to link/highlight it. I have only used ebay twice (as a source of last resort) since they originally took over Paypal in 2002. Wow, 20 years ago.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020