advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
For those concerned about counterfeits, Made in USA N95 masks direct from manufacturer $35 for 25t
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: January 17, 2022 08:29PM

[indianafacemask.com]

About $7 to ship. Free shipping for orders over $70.

Buy 2-3 items and SAVE 5% on your entire order
Buy 4-9 items and SAVE 10% on your entire order
Buy 10+ items and SAVE 20% on your entire order

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: For those concerned about counterfeits, Made in USA N95 masks direct from manufacturer $35 for 25t
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 17, 2022 09:13PM
Has anyone done any serious testing on counterfeit ones? I'd think they are still better than basic 3 ply, and way better than knit cloth you still see everywhere.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Re: For those concerned about counterfeits, Made in USA N95 masks direct from manufacturer $35 for 25t
Date: January 17, 2022 09:26PM
Racer X
Has anyone done any serious testing on counterfeit ones? I'd think they are still better than basic 3 ply, and way better than knit cloth you still see everywhere.

They are probably better but still not the level of protection that some people need to rely on. The other issue is unscrupulous manufacturers using unsafe materials. Last thing you need is a mask giving off chemicals that could be harmful to you. Some manufacturers don't care who they harm as long as they make a fast buck.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Don C
Date: January 17, 2022 09:51PM
Can these be used (safely) more than once or are they single use only?
Date: January 17, 2022 09:59PM
Don C

I am reading varying reports on longevity. I believe the manufacturers cover their legal tails by saying one time use. I have been using mine for about a week at a time.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 17, 2022 10:25PM
well, the virus is pretty fragile. If you had 4 or so, and rotated each day, any virus on/in would be "dead" by day 2-3.

I use the same one in my car for weeks. I just wear for an hour or 3, then not again for a few more days.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 17, 2022 11:23PM
As long as you don't muck them up by hacking up phlegm, sneezing into them, or otherwise fouling them, they should probably be good for several wearings.

By now, most of us have more than enough masks to rotate and wear one once a week or even longer intervals.

Masks worn more frequently could be gently washed or at least rinsed before its time out.

As the mask shows any sign of wear, it would probably be best discarded then.

I imagine the mask could lose some filtration ability through even mild wear.

But rotation could stave that off for quite awhile.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 18, 2022 07:44AM
Don C

Definitely more than once. In fact, probably until it starts to degrade or the straps break. The only time I let my N95s go is at the sight of fibers coming loose. Or it's obviously soiled from use. You don't lose the efficacy.

I had to enter a hospital a couple months back to visit someone there, and i was the only person wearing an N95, and I'm including the staff. Point being, we are being overly cautious for the most part.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 18, 2022 08:52AM
Thanks for the deal, but that's a "no" for me .... fit and lack of fogging are really crucial for me for N95's, and I've found that there are a limited number/type of masks that both fit me well and don't fog my glasses.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 18, 2022 09:15AM
Again, I'll also suggest Filti masks.

[filti.com]

I haven't seen them sell out since they started production. They offer a monthly subscription service with 10% discount. They are more expensive than the one's listed above, but they are US Made. They'd just started production on HVAC filters at the beginning of the pandemic when they had to shut down because of the pandemic. They pivoted the business really quickly by selling sheets of filter media in bulk from their fancy new equipment so people could make their own masks. Then they started making masks of their own and selling them. I learned about them from Destin Sandlin from SmarterEveryday on YouTube.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 18, 2022 10:56AM
I'd love to find x95 masks that have separate top and bottom straps...
I cannot stand (and most don't fit me anyway) the "around the ear" style.

That's why I'm still wearing my tight weave, triple layer, cloth mask.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 18, 2022 01:18PM
ztirffritz
Again, I'll also suggest Filti masks.

[filti.com]

I haven't seen them sell out since they started production.

Well, black is sold out (although white is in stock).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 64
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020