advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1st day for the A/C
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: March 24, 2007 02:48PM
83º today in Birmingham, AL & I turned the A/C on for the 1st time. I didn't want the windows open because everything outside is covered in oak tree pollen & who needs that crap in the house?! It's supposed to be 87 tomorrow. Damn this global warming!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1st day for the A/C
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: March 24, 2007 02:57PM
I always try to get to the 4th of July before turning the AC on here in North Central Iowa.
We try to get by with opening the windows at night and turning the ceiling fans on until then.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 24, 2007 03:17PM
It's 82 here in NC but still quite comfortable inside. We did put several screens in our new
windows and opened them up. It's suppose to be back the in 60's later next week.
I'm holding off on the AC for now.

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 03:17PM by Grateful11.
Posted by: microchip13
Date: March 24, 2007 03:22PM
It's raining here.

Snow in the mountains, which is good.

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 24, 2007 04:04PM
Hmm...Still some snow on the ground here in Northern MI. It's been in the 50's with rain last night, so not much of the white stuff left.

Had a pretty good snow storm last monday with about 4" of fresh added to what was already there. With the wind, there were one foot drifts.

A/C is not a huge priority around here this time of year. Maybe in another 40 years or so I might think otherwise.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: March 24, 2007 05:43PM
It has been a relatively warm winter here in Southern California as well. Cool at the moment though....
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 24, 2007 05:57PM
I ran the AC in the car today, but still don't need it in the house, yet. And yes, everything is that yucky shade of pollen yellow around Atlanta, too.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 24, 2007 06:01PM
raining here in Seattle.....

But that's fine witrh me, it keeps the pollen out of the air, and out of my lungs.
Posted by: macaroo
Date: March 24, 2007 06:41PM
It was in the mid 40's here in WNY today. Not warm enough to take off the winter jacket, but very livable. I turned off the humidifier last week, now to clean it up and get it ready for next Winter. I like the cold, but -25 degree chill factor is a little bit much to take!
As I get older, I am finding I can not take the Summer heat as well as I did when I was a youngster. I love Spring and Fall. The other two Seasons are too extreme.
Posted by: DavidS
Date: March 24, 2007 07:00PM
Shortly after reading your message, my wife asked if she could turn the AC on. The house was generally stuffy and the ceiling fans were already going. We'll probably just have the windows open tonight (despite all the pollen).
Posted by: karsen
Date: March 24, 2007 11:38PM
We've been using A/C off and on here in FL since like... November!
Posted by: Spiff
Date: March 25, 2007 08:07AM
Just turned it on Friday. Live on the third floor (top) of an apartment building. Gets real hot with warm weather. Pollen and me don't mix well. =)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 08:08AM by Spiff.
Posted by: Chupa Chupa
Date: March 25, 2007 10:31AM
Ha! I JUST turned the heat off last week. I usually can get by will just the ceiling fans till mid-June. I try to delay the A/C as long as possible because those $300 bills get me down. I'd rather be spending the money on Apple products grinning smiley
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 25, 2007 01:04PM
Back in San Diego after a few days in the south last week. It was unseasonably hot and dry. Hope you're not heading into another drought.

Nice, cool 63º F here in San Diego today. About right for this time of year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 98
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020