advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of laundry- Any recs for those detergent strips or tabs?
Posted by: mikebw
Date: January 19, 2022 02:52PM
TruEarth, Earth Breeze, Best Laundry, Grove Co, Dropps??

Like these-

I'm keen on reclaiming some space in the laundry area by ditching the giant tubs of liquid detergent from Costco but don't know anyone who is using the new fangled strips to know what is good. I am from the no dyes or fragrances camp.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of laundry- Any recs for those detergent strips or tabs?
Posted by: FormerlySaleenl
Date: January 19, 2022 03:07PM
Not quite what you're asking, but I use Nellie's Laundry Soda:
[www.costco.com]

and refill it with this:
[www.costco.com]

and this:
[www.costco.com]

Been using this combo for years and highly recommend! You only need about 1 1/2 teaspoons for a regular-sized load so you don't have to store much at once near the washing machine.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 19, 2022 04:03PM
FormerlySaleenl,

I've been intrigued by Nellie's Laundry Soda but I've yet to find a performance review of it from a reputable site. Nothing on Consumer Reports. Nothing on Wirecutter. Only Youtube reviews and sites that are clearly not independent review sites that lack bias. Very frustrating. I'd love to know how it compares to the better detergents commonly found at the store or online.

Robert
Posted by: August West
Date: January 19, 2022 04:58PM
FormerlySaleenl,

Thanks for the heads up, I've not seen this before.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: January 19, 2022 06:51PM
I use the Costco brand powder detergent. Works quite well and is cheap.

Hurts like a bastid...
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 19, 2022 07:08PM
I bought a tub of LostDough HE powder. I'm about 70% through it four years later. Previous things got socks whiter but it could have been dyes or more caustic components.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 20, 2022 10:17AM
.....just an aside but liquid laundry detergent expires......I think in about 1 year after opening.... It starts losing effectiveness, so not a good idea to buy liquid in bulk unless you can use within 1 year.......

....powder (if kept dry) will last longer with no expiration......if buying in bulk, powder is the better option....Proctor and Gamble and other consumable companies make laundry detergent for other countries.....sometimes they just rebadge but most are made specifically for those countries......they can be cheaper and you can find them in 'local' stores....particularly the ones made for Latin American countries......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2022 10:24AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: January 20, 2022 05:41PM
I might switch back to the KS powder. I'll look into it next time I go to a warehouse store. No idea if they have a "Free and Clear" type of powdered soap.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020