Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mac mail “From:“ question…
Posted by: jonny
Date: January 28, 2022 10:43AM
Hello all,

I am having issues with one of my email accounts and I am trying to phase it out. In Mac mail, it allows you to choose where your new messages are sent from, but I’m trying to figure out how to force it to use a different account when I am replyingr to a message sent to my problem account. It always defaults to the problem account for the message to come from. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mac mail “From:“ question…
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 28, 2022 11:06AM
When you reply, it will always use the email address it was sent to.
To set a new default email address, go to mail preferences, then composing, and select the default outgoing email box.
Again, this will only be for new messages.
Date: January 28, 2022 11:13AM
Ah… drag.
Thanks for the info, though.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: January 28, 2022 11:37AM
Can you set the "problem" account to forward the emails to another account?
Then delete that account from mail, since you'll get the emails in another account.
Then, when you reply to the mail, it will come from the email of that other account (that the emails are being forwarded to, since Mail will no longer have the "problem" account set up).
Date: January 28, 2022 11:53AM
That’s actually how the account came to be problematic in the first place. I had the emails forwarding from one account to another, but when I replied, my recipients were seeing my emails as spam. For some reason, having the emails coming to one address and returning from another shows up as spam.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: January 28, 2022 11:57AM
Hmm... I can see the problem.
My only "solution" is the way I've had to change a few users emails from the Admin end... Have the old account send a "vacation message" informing people of the new email address. Then after "x" amount of time, stop that, and delete the old account.
I'm sure it would be a pain for you, and the people who have to adapt to email you, but, it's ONE solution... Probably not the best one for your situation, though.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Gareth
Date: January 28, 2022 12:11PM
jonny
That’s actually how the account came to be problematic in the first place. I had the emails forwarding from one account to another, but when I replied, my recipients were seeing my emails as spam. For some reason, having the emails coming to one address and returning from another shows up as spam.

Hmm... But that's exactly what you're asking to do again. The emails would come into Mail on one account, and then you would reply from a different account. So I'm not sure what problem you'd be solving then.
Date: January 28, 2022 12:26PM
Gareth
jonny

Hmm... But that's exactly what you're asking to do again. The emails would come into Mail on one account, and then you would reply from a different account. So I'm not sure what problem you'd be solving then.

This is true, but it works. Don’t ask me why.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020