advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
trek or treat?!....Paramount+ working on another 'Star Trek' spinoff [ the 1 fans always wanted ]....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 01, 2022 07:22PM
......'Star Trek: Starfleet Academy' in the works......

Star Trek's Starfleet Academy Spinoff in the Works for Paramount+

....Star Trek is reportedly working on another spinoff for Paramount+ focused on the Starfleet Academy franchise. Star Trek: Starfleet Academy would focus on the college cadets studying to become leaders in the United Federation of Planets upon graduation. Sources said Alex Kurtzman's Secret Hideout and CBS Studios are developing the project with Absentia co-creator Gaia Violo. Earlier today, Nicole Clemens, President of Original Scripted Series at Paramount+, confirmed during the streamer's TCA presentation that they are "still in development on Section 31," which is the Star Trek: Discovery spinoff starring Michelle Yeoh as Philippa Georgiou, the former Terran Emperor in the Mirror Universe.

Later during the Star Trek: Strange New Worlds panel, Kurtzman confirmed that the Star Trek Universe will continue to see growth and new series added to the Paramount+ lineup. "We have to think several years out," Kurtzman said. "We're thinking about knowing we'll want new shows on the air two or three years from now so we have to start planning those now. There's a bunch of things in development now that are starting to take shape and we're super excited about it." While Kurtzman revealed "there is another one" besides the upcoming Star Trek: Section 31, he remained "tight lipped" regarding what the series will be.

"I think we have some fantastic offerings in our slate and I think you may see a few more very curated editions coming," Clemens teased. Kurtzman has teased a Starfleet Academy series in the past, most recently on Star Trek Day last year. "I know there's been a lot of conversation about Starfleet Academy, which we are very excited about," he said.......

coming......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2022 07:27PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: trek or treat?!....Paramount+ working on another 'Star Trek' spinoff [ the 1 fans always wanted ]....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: February 01, 2022 07:56PM
Wil Wheaton isn't busy......

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Re: trek or treat?!....Paramount+ working on another 'Star Trek' spinoff [ the 1 fans always wanted ]....
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: February 01, 2022 08:01PM
I hope this is Star Trek meet Police Academy.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Tiangou
Date: February 01, 2022 09:08PM
> Paramount+ working on another 'Star Trek' spinoff [ the 1 fans always wanted ]...

I wanted a serious "Lower Decks" TNG spinoff.

(Live-action.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2022 09:08PM by Tiangou.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 01, 2022 10:53PM
I'd settle for something that honors Star Trek, not tries to bury it.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Bernie
Date: February 02, 2022 07:39AM
I looked into Paramount +.

It is not ready to stand on it's own. I will buy what I want off iTunes.

CBS + loses Discovery to Paramount + is no problem. I buy what I want when I want off iTunes.

120.00 for a Network that has one maybe two programs is a waste. Paramount + rotates it's movies and it may be there when you want to watch and may not.

Disney + I subscribe to because I know when I want to watch Thor it will be there.

soapbox smiley

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: February 02, 2022 11:46AM
Bernie
I looked into Paramount +.

It is not ready to stand on it's own. I will buy what I want off iTunes.

CBS + loses Discovery to Paramount + is no problem. I buy what I want when I want off iTunes.

120.00 for a Network that has one maybe two programs is a waste. Paramount + rotates it's movies and it may be there when you want to watch and may not.

Disney + I subscribe to because I know when I want to watch Thor it will be there.

soapbox smiley

I rent a channel (like Disney+ or HBOMax) for a month, binge the season of the show I want, then drop it for six months or so until new seasons are out.
That's getting harder to do with Disney+, since new shows/episodes are coming out more quickly now.
I may pick up a month of Paramount+ to watch/rewatch Discovery... I haven't seen Season 3, but, It's not going into my long-term set of TV "channels".

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 02, 2022 12:42PM
Rolando
I'd settle for something that honors Star Trek, not tries to bury it.

This. Kurtzman and company need to be banished from the franchise, never to return.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: fauch
Date: February 03, 2022 11:26AM
If it's not Captain Worf, I'm not interested...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020