advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Snow fizzle
Posted by: DP
Date: February 03, 2022 10:25AM

So we did get another two inches overnight for a total of about 8". I couldn't get the snow thrower going tho as the auger wouldn't turn-I think the slushy snow froze and is keeping it from moving-and I can't get the belt back on. maybe I'll get a hair dryer out later to see if I can melt it.

And I had to shovel again this morning...

It is pretty tho and, yes, my wife has still to remove our Christmas decorations!

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Snow fizzle
Posted by: DP
Date: February 03, 2022 10:26AM
And I don't know how I double posted.

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: February 03, 2022 10:48AM
The Internet Backup I keep on an old SD card here hiccuped. Sorry 'bout that.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: February 03, 2022 11:02AM
Looks cool, but I don't envy you. We didn't get one flake of that storm even though we had 2 inches in the forecast.

Spring!! Bring it!!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: February 03, 2022 12:03PM
We got rain sad smiley
Posted by: AllGold
Date: February 03, 2022 12:58PM
We got a foot or so in the Lansing area.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 03, 2022 01:27PM
DP
I couldn't get the snow thrower going tho as the auger wouldn't turn-I think the slushy snow froze and is keeping it from moving-and I can't get the belt back on. maybe I'll get a hair dryer out later to see if I can melt it.

You’ll probably just end up destroying your hair dryer because the snowblower is too big of a chunk of ice and metal which will conduct away any heat your dryer can put out too fast to melt much. This time of year any big snow tends to be followed by a big chill making it even more of a chore to melt the stuff. A long time ago I tried using a propane torch which couldn’t do the job either. Now when my blower breaks a shear pin and gets jammed up I use a garden hose to run hot water to melt the solid chunk of compacted snow.

I’m fortunate that my laundry room has a window so my hose is only about a dozen feet long and it’s all mostly mess-free. Unfortunately it’s on the back side of my home but fortunately my snowblower is four wheel drive and can get back there if I use the blower as a plow. Then I back out the same way I went in to keep anymore snow from jamming it and do my repair in my garage. (My wife turns the water on and off.)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: February 03, 2022 01:53PM
DP
my wife has still to remove our Christmas decorations!

smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 03, 2022 04:23PM
We got about 5" in Grand Rapids.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: ArtP
Date: February 03, 2022 07:38PM
I just shoveled the few inches and bigger wind blown drifts off the driveway and fed the feral cat.

Baking a couple potatoes to go with a Meijer rotisserie chicken (wanted Pot Pies that were on sale 3 for $9 but they were sold out)

I hope snow is done for a while.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020