advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Music Question
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 09, 2022 06:51AM
I've only noticed this in my car (so far). I have a playlist called Soundtracks. It's not too long so I get through it after a couple of trips to and from work. Then I get in the car one morning and my phone connects and continues to play soundtracks. Except now, they are soundtracks that are NOT in my Soundtrack playlist. It's like Apple Music gets to the end of MY playlist and just decides to continue on with similar music. Which I guess is fine except for the fact that my playlists are downloaded to my phone. Since it's a company phone and they frown on using data for music and such. So I REALLY don't want Apple to keep playing some random but similar songs after my playlist is over.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Music Question
Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 09, 2022 08:04AM
Go to Settings > Cellular > scroll down to Apple Music and turn the switch off.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 09, 2022 10:20AM
You can set the playlist to repeat as well. That will stop it from fetching similar music.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 10, 2022 04:47AM
I'll see about setting the playlist to repeat. I didn't see that option immediately so I probably assumed it did it automagically. I don't want to turn off cellular for Apple Music. I still use it to dl a song here or there. Just can't use to stream for hours.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020