Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Micro$oft Office Returns. $59.99
Posted by: Bernie
Date: February 11, 2022 03:18PM
StackSocial

Buyers remorse and $10.00 more but still a deal.

Staunton, Virginia
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Micro$oft Office Returns. $59.99
Posted by: Diana
Date: February 11, 2022 11:49PM
Got it. We’ll see how long it takes to get it.

Thanks.
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: February 12, 2022 04:29PM
I'm in.

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: Bernie
Date: February 13, 2022 07:26AM
Just a note before this thread rolls to page two.

I feel that Office is something that you will need some day and when that day comes the struggles and aggravations of work arounds, time consumed, and results returned out way this ONE TIME investment.

I have been moving things between computers that have Office and do not have Office and .....

Even in retirement I have many older things that I still frequent that require this app

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 13, 2022 10:28AM
Bernie,

Agreed. Yes, Pages, OpenOffice, LibreOffice and others can open files created by the various office apps and they can save files into those formats. However, each still has its own file format and must convert the data each time the file is opened or saved. The vast majority of the time, it's not an issue. It does mean having to remember to save the file into the appropriate format instead of the MS Office compatible app's native format.

Ms Office is still the de facto standard out there. I lack the inclination to deal with converting between file formats. I'd much rather just use the real thing and be done with it. If nothing else, at least if I have to open a file created in an older version of an office app, the real MS Office apps have the best chance of opening it and retaining all of the original formatting.

$60 is a _very_ reasonable price to pay to have the real thing for as long as it runs on your Mac and is compatible with the flavor of the OS on it.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020