advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
iPhone 13 Pro or 13 Pro Max? I'll take both. Delivered by courier.
Posted by: d4
Date: February 13, 2022 01:00PM

I was a little impatient with ordering the iPhones online so I checked to see if any of the Apple Stores near me had the models in stock. They were not. I saw there was an option to have the iPhones delivered to me immediately "by courier", same day, in under 2 hours for $9. Curious — I splurged and hit the order button. Sure enough, in about 90 minutes a car pulls up in front of the house and a guy pops out with a sealed Apple bag containing the iPhones. Now THAT is magical! LOL

Deactivated "Find My" on old iPhone 8.
Took out old SIM card from old iPhone 8 and into new iPhone 13.
Powered on new iPhone 13.
Followed simple steps on screen to transfer data, phone to phone.
Phone was not making/receiving calls so I contacted Total Wireless.
TW fixed/updated settings with automated prompts in 5 mins. Turned iPhone off and on. 5G is activated.

DONE.

smileys with beer

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: iPhone 13 Pro or 13 Pro Max? I'll take both. Delivered by courier.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 13, 2022 01:03PM
I think you'll be very happy. I made a similar jump and I'm honestly impressed how the phone is better in basically every measure.

Why two phones?? Which one is yours?

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: February 13, 2022 01:04PM
Those look tasty! I'm ready to buy, as my 6s+ is really long in the tooth! I've been putting it off as the old girl is running strong.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Date: February 13, 2022 01:15PM
mattkime
I think you'll be very happy. I made a similar jump and I'm honestly impressed how the phone is better in basically every measure.

Why two phones?? Which one is yours?

One for me. One for the wife. Early Valentines Day gifts to ourselves. The big guy is mine smiling smiley

Rick-o
Those look tasty! I'm ready to buy, as my 6s+ is really long in the tooth! I've been putting it off as the old girl is running strong.

We both had iPhone 8's. We were missing too many photo-moments of the kids with grainy, blurry, noisy photos. To be honest, if it wasn't for the huge camera upgrade, we were both fine with the iPhone 8's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2022 01:16PM by d4.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: February 13, 2022 01:41PM
I am seriously considering either the 12 or 13 for the camera alone…still have a dumb phone.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 13, 2022 02:17PM
I wonder how long will it be until the iPhone has a bigger screen than the Mac Plus?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 13, 2022 02:24PM
Filliam H. Muffman
I wonder how long will it be until the iPhone has a bigger screen than the Mac Plus?

Resolution wise that was true from the very start.

Posted by: abevilac
Date: February 13, 2022 05:15PM
I love the camera on my 13 Pro. So glad I upgraded from an 8.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 13, 2022 05:21PM
Just picked up a 13Pro for Mrs. cbelt3 at the apple Store... I said "So what do you have in stock ?". Got the last one.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 13, 2022 06:10PM
mattkime
Filliam H. Muffman

Resolution wise that was true from the very start.

Mac 128k had a 512 x 342 pixel screen
iPhone OG had a 480 x 320 pixel screen.

Or course, the iPhone had a color screen with much higher density.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 13, 2022 10:12PM
.....which courier......Pony Express.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Cary
Date: February 13, 2022 10:29PM
You may want to get a new SIM card - the one from the 8 works, but will not give you access to the 5g network.

You may not care. I upgraded the SIM, and subsequently turned off 5g due to battery being sucked dry.
Date: February 14, 2022 06:47AM
Cary
You may want to get a new SIM card - the one from the 8 works, but will not give you access to the 5g network. You may not care. I upgraded the SIM, and subsequently turned off 5g due to battery being sucked dry.

Strangely enough, everything on the Total Wireless (Verizon MVNO) FAQ page says I don't need a new SIM card for 5G. My area is deep in 5G territory. Will keep an eye on it.

[support.totalwireless.com]

Date: February 14, 2022 08:01AM
For those on the fence with upgrading their current iPhone to a new iPhone 13 Pro for the camera upgrade, I can't stress enough how life is way too short. If a camera upgrade brings a tiny bit of extra joy into your life, go for it. ESPECIALLY if you're coming from a pre-X (single digit era) iPhone.

First world problem #102.
Without the physical home button on the iPhone, I don't know which way is right side up when I pick it up. I'm 50/50 with picking it up correctly or having to flip it around 180. LOL

Posted by: Sam3
Date: February 14, 2022 08:53AM
I have Apple's clear Magsafe case for my 12, the bottom of the case is cut out where the speakers and Lightning connector are, so when I'm fumbling around in the dark or in the coat pocket, I feel for the notch where the case ends and I know that it is the bottom of the phone.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 14, 2022 09:00AM
Just got a 13 to replace my 8. I really like it. I was most surprised by how much longer the battery life is. I'm sure it's partly due to age. But still. Very much liking the 13 so far. Still do NOT like Face ID. Or rather I like it, but I don't like it being the ONLY option.

Posted by: rgG
Date: February 14, 2022 11:29AM
Soon, next few months, I will probably upgrade.
Not sure if I will get the Pro or not, but I am sure either will be a nice bump in photo quality from my X.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020