advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
6S iPhone reborn with a $49 Apple-installed battery. Can't believe the result.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: March 08, 2022 07:34AM
The last year or so, my ancient 6S iPhone would last a few hours before needing a charge. But last month, while looking at the Battery Health feature—mine was at 78%— I saw that Apple had a $49 battery replacement program (plus $8 overnight S&H). Clicked 'hell yeah' and 2 days later, a prepaid box came from Fedex, and I sent off my otherwise mint-condition iPhone.

Now for the last 8 days, I've been using reborn phone, and I'm *easily* getting the battery to last all day. I don't even remember it lasting that long back when I first bought it! I don't know if they somehow improved the battery technology since 2015, or if I'm seeing some effect that'll wear off in the next couple months. But what a deal. Highly recommend it to anyone who still loves the form factor of the 6S (and its headphone jack).

M1 2020 Mac mini (16G 2T) Ventura 13.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs M1 2020 13" MBAir (256G 8G)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 6S iPhone reborn with a $49 Apple-installed battery. Can't believe the result.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 08, 2022 07:59AM
woot smiley
Re: 6S iPhone reborn with a $49 Apple-installed battery. Can't believe the result.
Posted by: mstudio
Date: March 08, 2022 08:03AM
Good for you. I loved my 6S and really didn't have a reason to upgrade except for the 1 hour of battery time. I really like my 12 but I think if I had seen that deal I would have jumped on it to squeeze out a few more years.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: March 08, 2022 08:51AM
I still think that 5S was the sweet spot for Form Factor

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 08, 2022 09:27AM
back-from-the-dead-frankenstein-bolt LEADER!

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 08, 2022 12:47PM
Here’s the site for Battery replacement. My iPhone X is $69.

[support.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020