advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Finally upgraded my S3 Apple Watch...
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: March 12, 2022 08:26PM
And when push came to shove, I went for the SE instead of the Series 7. It does what I need it to do and does not have the severe memory limitations of the Series 3. It had been such a PITA to run any updates, I stopped about a year ago. Evidently, as some of the apps were updated, they did not like the older WatchOS. I was seeing freezes in a couple of apps pretty regularly.

$279 with a 15% discount from an employee friend was $237 plus tax. Then got $70 trade in on the old S3 model, done right in store, bringing it to closer to $180...and 3% back on Apple Card.

The slightly bigger screen is definitely noticeable and hopefully the freeze issues go away.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Finally upgraded my S3 Apple Watch...
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 12, 2022 08:48PM
I am liking my new SE.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 12, 2022 10:40PM
Markintosh
And when push came to shove, I went for the SE instead of the Series 7. It does what I need it to do and does not have the severe memory limitations of the Series 3. It had been such a PITA to run any updates, I stopped about a year ago. Evidently, as some of the apps were updated, they did not like the older WatchOS. I was seeing freezes in a couple of apps pretty regularly.

I still rock a series 1 and have been doing updates since it was new without any issues. I would imagine a series 3 shouldn't really have any issues.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by: decay
Date: March 13, 2022 10:57PM
I have a series 3, I have had to un-pair and re-pair to install WatchOS updates. It's a known problem. And I barely install any apps on the watch.

---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 423
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020