advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Game keyboards
Posted by: kap
Date: March 14, 2022 01:18AM
Mechanical keyboards have brought me back the joy if typing! I kept having to switch the membrane keyboards at work due to the membrane going mushy after awhile. A colleague suggested I checked out mechanical keyboards. I was hesitant due to the cost but I wanted to check it out so I got a $35 one off NewEgg.com. Ended up giving it my wife for use at work as I was not impressed with the actuation feel and lack of the numeric keypad which I'd need for my job. Same colleague had me checked out mechanicalkeyboards.com. Bought this [mechanicalkeyboards.com]. Test ran it at work. Loved it! Got myself another one for home, [mechanicalkeyboards.com]. Yeah, the noise my colleagues have grown accustomed to it because the majority of them using LOUD mechanical keyboards in a LOUD work environment.
What if any of you are using a mechanical keyboard?

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 08:58AM by kap.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Game keyboards
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 14, 2022 01:59AM
I have a couple that I've used from time to time, but as I prefer keyboard illumination, they sit idle, a lot.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Forrest
Date: March 14, 2022 07:22AM
Kap,
Which Cherry switches do you prefer?
Date: March 14, 2022 09:07AM
Red at work to compete the other loud mechkeyboards. LOL!
Gray at home so not wake up the wife but still I can hear the noise.
The red switch mech keyboard I gave her is LOUD. She loves it because she is working at a very noisy and hectic hospital.

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2022 09:10AM by kap.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 14, 2022 10:29AM
Kap,

Search the forum for my posts about mechanical keyboards. My current models of choice are as follows:

At home, I use the Matias Tactile Pro:

[eshop.macsales.com]

At my office, I use the Varmilo VA108M Mac White LED Dye Sub PBT Mechanical Keyboard

[mechanicalkeyboards.com]

Mine has Cherry MX Blue switches.

A friend of mine love the Tactile Pro but felt it was too loud for him. He replaced it with a Matias Quiet Pro, which is a Tactile Pro with quiter key switches. Unfortunately, Matias discontinued it:

[matias.ca]

If I were to buy another mechanical keyboard, I'd get the Tactile Pro or the Varmilo. If the Varmilo, I'd consider trying a different key switch. Not because I'm unhappy with the Cherry MX Blue switches in the one I'm using now but to see how it is with a different feel.

Robert
Date: March 22, 2022 10:48PM
Robert M
Kap,

Search the forum for my posts about mechanical keyboards. My current models of choice are as follows:

At home, I use the Matias Tactile Pro:

[eshop.macsales.com]

At my office, I use the Varmilo VA108M Mac White LED Dye Sub PBT Mechanical Keyboard

[mechanicalkeyboards.com]

Mine has Cherry MX Blue switches.

A friend of mine love the Tactile Pro but felt it was too loud for him. He replaced it with a Matias Quiet Pro, which is a Tactile Pro with quiter key switches. Unfortunately, Matias discontinued it:

[matias.ca]

If I were to buy another mechanical keyboard, I'd get the Tactile Pro or the Varmilo. If the Varmilo, I'd consider trying a different key switch. Not because I'm unhappy with the Cherry MX Blue switches in the one I'm using now but to see how it is with a different feel.

Robert

I didn't get a Varmilo due not so great reviews. I went for Ducky instead. No regrets.

SoCal for now.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: March 23, 2022 08:29AM
Kap,

Which Varmilo? You can't go by brand-name alone. The Varmilo I chose is the extended version of a very well regard model. No regrets. Looked at Ducky models not a single keyboard met my specifications. Too bad. I hear Ducky makes very good keyboards.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020