advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Bluetooth number pad
Posted by: Z
Date: March 17, 2022 02:49PM
Anyone have a particular recommendation? Was doing a bit of work in Numbers last weekend and it was not great with the new TouchID small keyboard.

A bit of research has me leaning toward either the MSFT Number Pad - [www.amazon.com] - or the Satechi one with embiggened arrow keys - [satechi.net]

Anyone here have either or tried both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2022 03:01PM by Z.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bluetooth number pad
Posted by: Gareth
Date: March 17, 2022 03:49PM
Something to point out, as it may not be obvious, is that Mac's have traditionally had a slightly different +/- layout compared to Windows. Windows has a "double tall" + sign, vs Mac has a regular sized + and - in that same space. This means other keys, such a =, /, * may have different positioning as well.

Just keep that in mind for your needs, for instance, the MSFT keypad doesn't have an = key.

I'm used to the Mac layout, which cuts down on my choices for keyboards and number pads. Newertech makes a "Mac" style layout number pad: [eshop.macsales.com]
Posted by: Z
Date: March 17, 2022 04:18PM
In short order, decided to go for the msft pad as I'm used to that layout from my work PC.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 17, 2022 04:43PM
I had 2 different third party number pads, both bluetooth. Pretty buggy so I ditched them and got the Apple extended bluetooth keyboard. Well worth the investment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020