advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
trouble, right here in River City?!....a lead exits this 'drama drenched' show on lesser network....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 18, 2022 10:50PM
.....Maia Mitchell.....exits 'Good Trouble' on Freeform.......the show is a spin-off of 'The Fosters' where the two sisters leave to make it on their own.....Maia Mitchell plays one of the sisters, Callie [ she is the one in the red outfit in the pic ]....

....she is Australian and moved here in 2013 to be in the 'The Fosters' and then into the spin-off 'Good Trouble' and after the pandemic, she decided to go back home to spend time with family [ she spent about 9 years here in the U.S. ].....

.....her boyfriend on the show, Beau Mirchoff, exits the show as well [ due to the storyline of what happens ]....

Good Trouble Stars, EP Explain Those Two Big Exits and What Their Final Scene Hints at for [Spoiler]'s Future

.....There will be no more Good Trouble for Callie and Jamie following Wednesday’s episode, which saw their portrayers Maia Mitchell and Beau Mirchoff exit the Freeform drama.

For Mitchell, who first started playing Callie on The Fosters in 2013 before headlining the spinoff with costar/TV sister Cierra Ramirez, departing the show was “completely a personal decision about my life,” she explains to TVLine in the following video. “I did move to America [from Australia] when I was very young. It has been really hard for me, if I’m being candid, to be away from family. I spent my whole twenties, basically, in another country, [which] I wouldn’t have necessarily done if it wasn’t for my work. I found so much comfort and family in The Fosters cast and crew and then Good Trouble.”

But when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, restricting travel, Mitchell found that being separated from her family and not being able to get to them, if something were to happen, “just became a little too much for me,” the actress explains. Speaking to the producers, “I was just like, ‘I need to be able to be home at the moment.’ When you go through something like that, it just makes things really clear, and I just knew it was time and I had to just prioritize my family and my mental health. It was tough, though. Oh my gosh, it was a really hard decision, and it was a really tough, tough couple of episodes.”

After learning of Mitchell’s decision, showrunner Joanna Johnson — who wrote this week’s emotional installment — set out to craft “a very dignified and a very Fosters/Good Trouble goodbye” for Callie. “I asked her if she would give us a couple of episodes of Season 4 to really do it properly,” Johnson says. “Because once the decision had been made, I didn’t want to just abruptly have Callie leave in the Season 3 finale… She was lovely and said, ‘Of course I’ll come back.’ So she went home and then she came back to do those episodes for us.”

Naturally, Callie’s Fosters moms Lena and Stef and her brother Jude came to Los Angeles to help Callie break the news to sis Mariana that she was moving in two days to Washington, D.C., for her dream job at the ACLU.

“I’m really, really proud of how we approached it. I thought it was really thoughtful,” Mitchell says of Callie’s sendoff. “It’s nice to see Callie off and be excited for her and see so much growth. That was really important to me that she was chasing something that she really wanted that wasn’t coming from a place of reaction, that was coming from her taking control and taking charge.”

There was one person, however, that Callie didn’t say goodbye to: her ex-boyfriend Jamie. Just when it seemed like she might leave without sharing her big news with him, he showed up on the same flight as her. In a twist of destiny, he had also gotten a new job in D.C.

“Jamie being on that plane is just the cherry on top,” Mitchell says, adding that she was “cheering” when she read the scene. “I was so happy. I’ve always kind of rooted for them.”......

down.......one sister....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2022 11:13PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 221
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020