advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Thanks for the well wishes! 52 Years and counting. . .
Posted by: Kate
Date: March 21, 2022 05:09PM
Been off the forum for a bit, but I wanted to say
Thanks for the well wishes! 52 Years and counting. . .
On March 15, my sweetie and I hit 52 years (22 married, 52 years together).
I so appreciate you all

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Thanks for the well wishes! 52 Years and counting. . .
Posted by: DP
Date: March 21, 2022 05:33PM
Very hearty congratulations! And welcome back...

Summer scene...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: March 21, 2022 05:35PM
Congratulations!

Umm, together 30 years before marriage? Is there a story there you'd be willing to tell?
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 21, 2022 05:40PM
anonymouse1
Congratulations!

Umm, together 30 years before marriage? Is there a story there you'd be willing to tell?

It happens. My ex-wife's uncle was engaged for just over 20 years before they set the date.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: lost in space
Date: March 21, 2022 05:42PM
I'm glad you had time to think it over! old fogey smiley

Congratulations!

Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 21, 2022 05:50PM
Congrats!! thumbs up

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Kate
Date: March 21, 2022 05:55PM
"Umm, together 30 years before marriage? Is there a story there you'd be willing to tell?"
Sure, we really had no reason at all to get married, we knew we were in it for the long haul. Then, when we were getting ready to retire, we went to a retirement seminar (US Postal Service , very early 2000s) and were told that if we weren't legally married for at least two years at the time of retirement, we wouldn't be eligible for survivor benefits. Well, that changed our minds in a hurry. And we had a lovely wedding in a friends backyard, officiated by a good friend with only close friends in attendance. Did you know that you can have anyone marry you in the state of California? Its called Commissioner for a Day, and made it so much more personal.

Kate
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: March 21, 2022 06:01PM
Wonderful story, Kate--thanks!

Kate
"Umm, together 30 years before marriage? Is there a story there you'd be willing to tell?"
Sure, we really had no reason at all to get married, we knew we were in it for the long haul. Then, when we were getting ready to retire, we went to a retirement seminar (US Postal Service , very early 2000s) and were told that if we weren't legally married for at least two years at the time of retirement, we wouldn't be eligible for survivor benefits. Well, that changed our minds in a hurry. And we had a lovely wedding in a friends backyard, officiated by a good friend with only close friends in attendance. Did you know that you can have anyone marry you in the state of California? Its called Commissioner for a Day, and made it so much more personal.

Kate
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 21, 2022 06:04PM
That's wonderful, Kate - I really admire that. Congratulations to you and your sweetie!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 21, 2022 08:36PM
Excellent story. I like stories with super-logical reasoning. We have a wealthy friend that had no need to collect Social Security because of massive taxes.... but decided to collect it anyway to not have to write checks to Medicare. Logic.
Congrats on over half a century of blissful togetherness.
Go have a bowl cioppino at Phil's to celebrate.
==
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 21, 2022 09:02PM

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 21, 2022 10:20PM
Kate

Kate

smiley-score010

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020