advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Amazon wishlist for Ukraine
Posted by: jonny
Date: March 21, 2022 08:41PM
A good friend is putting together regular shipments of humanitarian aid to Ukraine. Anything off the wishlist would be a big help!
Thanks, all!

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2022 08:52PM by jonny.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Amazon wishlist for Ukraine
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 21, 2022 08:48PM
I'm always curious about the logistics of this sort of thing. While I'm sure anything helps, I bet they could use a crate of gauze rather than a box of 24.

Date: March 21, 2022 08:52PM
mattkime
I'm always curious about the logistics of this sort of thing. While I'm sure anything helps, I bet they could use a crate of gauze rather than a box of 24.

Buy 10!

In all seriousness, I can ask her how she's working it if you're curious.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2022 09:02PM by jonny.
Posted by: jdc
Date: March 21, 2022 10:19PM
maybe some of those coupon extreme people with their 700 sticks of deodorant could pitch in.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: March 22, 2022 09:15AM
mattkime

I'm guessing that Amazon will not be shipping purchases individually, but will amass like items into larger containers to minimize shipments. That's what I would do if I were in charge given everything is going to a single destination.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: gabester
Date: March 22, 2022 09:50AM
modelamac
mattkime

I'm guessing that Amazon will not be shipping purchases individually, but will amass like items into larger containers to minimize shipments. That's what I would do if I were in charge given everything is going to a single destination.

Plenty of time's I've checked the box to have my order delivered later but in fewer packages and selected a preferred day of the week for deliveries with Amazon, and yet stuff seems to arrive whenever Amazon thinks it's convenient for them to get items to me regardless.

Hopefully they use more sense on international shipping.

g=
Date: March 22, 2022 01:06PM
modelamac
mattkime

You are correct.
Posted by: d4
Date: March 22, 2022 02:21PM
jonny
mattkime
I'm always curious about the logistics of this sort of thing.

I can ask her how she's working it if you're curious.

I'm curious as well. Wouldn't it be wiser to purchase from Amazon Europe (Germany for instance) so she doesn't have to ship it across an ocean?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2022 02:21PM by d4.
Date: April 21, 2022 02:35PM
"My dear friends, thank you so much for your help and support in this unfair bloody war!
So far we were able to raise enough funds to support these amazing soldiers who are fighting every day, and bought for them:
- thermal rifle scope;
- body armor plates;
- bulletproof helmets;
- Sordin supreme ear @#$%&;
- IFAKs and other medical supplies;
- army backpack;
- partially funded and bought a truck for personnel and equipment.
Our work is still not done here. We need to do more. We are doing more every single day.
I am still collecting and sending over military and medical aid to our soldiers! If you are able, please support us! No donation is too little, we appreciate every cent, every share, every kind word!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020