advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Peter B-storms near you?
Posted by: DP
Date: March 22, 2022 08:15PM
Looks like some tornadoes in the New Orleans area...

Summer scene...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Peter B-storms near you?
Posted by: hal
Date: March 22, 2022 09:36PM
here's some rather terrifying video of a huge tornado cutting through a residential area.

[twitter.com]

yikes!
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 22, 2022 10:08PM
hal
here's some rather terrifying video of a huge tornado cutting through a residential area.

[twitter.com]

yikes!

Those fools should have been taking shelter not shooting video. Could easily have been Darwin contenders.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 23, 2022 05:03AM
graylocks
hal

[twitter.com]

yikes!

Those fools should have been taking shelter not shooting video. Could easily have been Darwin contenders.

True if there was a second tornado but if they were to the southwest of the twister they would be fine.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 23, 2022 08:02AM
Yes, I got very lucky ... my area, incredibly, saw barely anything ... just a bit of wind and some very light rain (!) ...

Other areas, such as Arabi, Chalmette, St. Bernard, not so lucky. I don't remember where flareslow lives, but I think he and/or his kids might have been in the path of these.

Edit: at least one death so far, no firm count on injuries, many homes flattened, power out for thousands. It was scary last night, emergency alerts continuously going off.

More here: [www.washingtonpost.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2022 08:04AM by PeterB.
Posted by: flareslow
Date: March 23, 2022 09:27AM
Thanks for the concern Peter - we're all ok. The tornado that hit the Northshore was different than the one that hit Arabi. It passed within about 2 miles of our house, but we didn't see or hear it. It's path was mostly over pine forests and damage that I saw this morning was limited to trees down across highways. We didn't lose power or cell service (our internet). Nasty storms though!
Date: March 23, 2022 09:42AM
flareslow
Thanks for the concern Peter - we're all ok. The tornado that hit the Northshore was different than the one that hit Arabi. It passed within about 2 miles of our house, but we didn't see or hear it. It's path was mostly over pine forests and damage that I saw this morning was limited to trees down across highways. We didn't lose power or cell service (our internet). Nasty storms though!

Yes, I didn't remember where you all were ... I think we're the only two MRF'ers in New Orleans, but not 100% sure.

Pretty terrible, the images and videos that are surfacing of the damage.

Posted by: flareslow
Date: March 23, 2022 10:20AM
I've lived in on the Northshore for a total of about 25 years over the last 41years and this is the first tornado I can recall that has hit a NOLA populated area and inflicted major damage, excluding any that were associated with hurricanes.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 23, 2022 10:52AM
Glad to hear all our friends in the area safe. Did the tornado suck Freya's icon off the user map?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: March 23, 2022 11:45AM
flareslow
I've lived in on the Northshore for a total of about 25 years over the last 41years and this is the first tornado I can recall that has hit a NOLA populated area and inflicted major damage, excluding any that were associated with hurricanes.

Actually we got them back in 2008 I believe ... they hit areas of Uptown not too far from me, including one that went straight down Carrollton and St. Charles Aves, which are mostly high-value homes and old multimillion dollar mansions... the tornadoes seemed to use the major thoroughfares as an alley down which to travel. I heard of a couple people whose homes were flattened by those. But I think you're right that they were associated with a hurricane, it might have been Gustav?

Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 23, 2022 03:36PM
I am greatful flareslow an Peter are safe.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: wave rider
Date: March 23, 2022 03:54PM
Racer X
I am greatful flareslow an Peter are safe.

agree smiley

=wr=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

abevilac , Acer , Fritz , jonny , kj , Spiff , timg , Z
Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020