Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Built Chevy tough
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 24, 2022 02:40PM
[twitter.com]

Tornado vs. pickup. Pickup wins (sort of).

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Built Chevy tough
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 24, 2022 02:58PM
If that much debris flew around my car, and I saw the wind blow over a pickup truck on the other side of the road, I'd probably stop driving, get out of my car, and hide in a ditch rather than film it and keep driving.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 24, 2022 02:59PM
S. Pupp
If that much debris flew around my car, and I saw the wind blow over a pickup truck on the other side of the road, I'd probably stop driving, get out of my car, and hide in a ditch rather than film it and keep driving.

You obviously don't have what it takes to be an influencer...
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: March 24, 2022 03:19PM
I'm surprised it didn't stall from pressure drop.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 24, 2022 03:26PM
[m.youtube.com]
Posted by: d4
Date: March 24, 2022 03:34PM
Geezman, that's a crazy video.

On a related note. Below is Mets 1st basemen, 2019 NL Rookie of the Year, Pete Alonso's Ford F250(?) after a driver ran a red light and t-boned him at an intersection and flipped his truck 3 times. Pete walked away with just a scratch. Even participated in spring training drills later in the day.

His wife was following in a separate car behind him.
“I thought I watched my husband die in front of me... I slammed on my breaks, jumped out of my car and ran up to his truck. I was terrified of what I was going to see. I couldn’t see inside of the truck because the windshield was shattered. I screamed for him just hoping that he’d be able to answer me. He said he was ok and was going to kick out the windshield to escape since he was trapped. He got himself out and to everyone’s shock, only had a single scratch on his arm. It’s a miracle that he’s safe after this horrifying of an accident. This could’ve easily unfolded much differently and that’s what is so scary. Life can be taken from us in an instant. Please do not drive distracted and wear your seatbelt. This happened 5 minutes from our house, it can happen anytime, anywhere.”

Posted by: mikebw
Date: March 24, 2022 04:16PM
ztirffritz
I'm surprised it didn't stall from pressure drop.

Maybe it did?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 24, 2022 04:54PM
hal
S. Pupp

You obviously don't have what it takes to be an influencer...

LOL!

If you want to fix our country, work with us in the states. statesproject.org

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 25, 2022 06:54AM
d4
Geezman, that's a crazy video.

On a related note. Below is Mets 1st basemen, 2019 NL Rookie of the Year, Pete Alonso's Ford F250(?) after a driver ran a red light and t-boned him at an intersection and flipped his truck 3 times. Pete walked away with just a scratch. Even participated in spring training drills later in the day.

His wife was following in a separate car behind him.
“I thought I watched my husband die in front of me... I slammed on my breaks, jumped out of my car and ran up to his truck. I was terrified of what I was going to see. I couldn’t see inside of the truck because the windshield was shattered. I screamed for him just hoping that he’d be able to answer me. He said he was ok and was going to kick out the windshield to escape since he was trapped. He got himself out and to everyone’s shock, only had a single scratch on his arm. It’s a miracle that he’s safe after this horrifying of an accident. This could’ve easily unfolded much differently and that’s what is so scary. Life can be taken from us in an instant. Please do not drive distracted and wear your seatbelt. This happened 5 minutes from our house, it can happen anytime, anywhere.”

The F-150 has the highest safety ratings and the F-250/350 (Super Duties) are beasts. Buddy just hauled just over 4000 lbs of recycled concrete in his 150. He still had about 3 inches of suspension travel. Only issue was the tires as they weren't rated for the weight.
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 25, 2022 03:49PM
Chevrolet is giving the kid a brand new truck.

Update March 25, 2022: Chevrolet has announced, via Twitter, that it and Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet of Fort Worth, Texas are donating a new 2022 Silverado pickup to the teenage driver of the now-famous red Silverado that emerged—drivable—from a tornado this week. In a longer announcement on Facebook, Chevy and its Fort Worth dealership explained they are furnishing a Silverado 1500 LT All Star Edition (in cherry red, just like the tornado-surviving truck) to the teen and his family, adding:

"We are thankful Riley is safe, commend his driving skills during a frightening situation, and our hearts are with other families in Texas that have been affected by these storms. To help aid the recovery efforts in Texas, Chevy Cares is donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Due to the quick action of the team at Bruce Lowrie Chevrolet, the new truck will be presented to Riley and his family on Saturday, March 26, at the dealership. "

Motortrend

Northern California Coast
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020