advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Is anyone else watching Severance on AppleTV+ ...?
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: March 25, 2022 10:54PM
It's getting really interesting and fun.

[en.wikipedia.org])

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Is anyone else watching Severance on AppleTV+ ...?
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 26, 2022 12:09AM
I think it's great. The actors are wonderful - including Christopher Walken. :-)

I was surprised to see that Ben Stiller is one of the co-directors. Great story and writing.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: BernDog
Date: March 26, 2022 08:20AM
Great show! Not sure why there isn’t more buzz around it (well, at least I’M not hearing any).

The writing and performances are great. Amazing cast - both the heavy hitters and everyone else. And the mood that’s been created in the innie world is amazing! Love the pacing. Reveals come at just the right dose.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 26, 2022 09:26AM
I have seen the ads for Severance, and they did more to make me uninterested in seeing the series than wanting to. I may have to reconsider that, but I have been ignoring the recommendations on AppleTV+ ever since they started.
Posted by: Tiangou
Date: March 26, 2022 11:21AM
JoeH
I have seen the ads for Severance, and they did more to make me uninterested in seeing the series than wanting to. I may have to reconsider that, but I have been ignoring the recommendations on AppleTV+ ever since they started.

It does look kind of dull at first impression. Having Ben Stiller's name attached isn't doing it any favors.

I started watching it because the cast seemed an interesting mix.

But it's very good. I enjoy the slow build and the subtle clues they drop in almost every scene.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 26, 2022 11:23AM
BernDog
Great show! Not sure why there isn’t more buzz around it (well, at least I’M not hearing any).

Estimated at 5% of the streaming market. Still lots of people that don't like the walled garden (raises hand). Apple TV+ as a service is a little limited. sCumcast is supposedly going to partner and allow them as an app on DVRs... whats another $5/mo. when you are already paying $60 - $100?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 26, 2022 11:35AM
Filliam H. Muffman
BernDog

Estimated at 5% of the streaming market. Still lots of people that don't like the walled garden (raises hand). Apple TV+ as a service is a little limited. sCumcast is supposedly going to partner and allow them as an app on DVRs... whats another $5/mo. when you are already paying $60 - $100?

Yes, I just got a promotional email from them that new subscribers to AppleTV+ though them can get the first 3 months free. The app has already been added to their Flex box. I would have to check back in my emails to see when exactly I got the first notice about AppleTV+ being added, but maybe 2-3 weeks ago. Or was that on the Flex box main screen?
Posted by: August West
Date: March 26, 2022 03:01PM
I generally wait until the weekly release is over and can watch the whole series on my own schedule. Generally, I've been happy with Apple TV+ shows, and I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this one at some point.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020