advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Missing my Aperture
Posted by: lost in space
Date: March 26, 2022 04:46PM
I wish Aperture was still viable. It was just powerful enough for me. Photos is just a little too *lite*. What say ye?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Missing my Aperture
Posted by: gadje
Date: March 26, 2022 05:36PM
Never upgrade.
-Chopper
Posted by: DP
Date: March 26, 2022 05:58PM
Well, if you can't use it anymore, then move on, I'd say. AFAIK, Aperture was based on Lightroom and you can get a subscription for $99 per year-you get Lightroom, Photoshop, and Camera Raw (as a standalone app) for that price. Yeah, it's annoying, but you'd be comfortable with it and that's just the way things are going. Subscriptions.

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 26, 2022 09:26PM
gadje
Never upgrade.
-Chopper

'splains why it still works fine on our Snow Leopard machine....
==
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 26, 2022 10:59PM
You could edit in full screen with Aperture and you can't with Lightroom Classic.
Posted by: jdc
Date: March 26, 2022 11:22PM
Hm. I dont use photos, but the few times I have opened it, Im always amazed at how *many* options it has for color correction. Interface is better than Shop for some things.

DP is correct tho... if you need the power, even as a hobbyist, $100 a year for full PS & LR has always been a deal in my book.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: March 27, 2022 01:20AM
DP
Aperture was based on Lightroom.

LOL—good one, DP!

(Pssst…Aperture was released November 30, 2005; Lightroom was released February 19, 2007.)
Posted by: DP
Date: March 27, 2022 07:34AM
Article Accelerator
DP
Aperture was based on Lightroom.

LOL—good one, DP!

(Pssst…Aperture was released November 30, 2005; Lightroom was released February 19, 2007.)

Well, I was always using Adobe stuff and never used Aperture, so I didn't know. Even more reason to go with Lightroom, then!

A little break from the grief...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020