advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
what the frag?!....Hormel recalls Skippy peanut butter due to metal fragments....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 31, 2022 09:12PM
.....yowzer....

Hormel is recalling 161,692 pounds of Skippy peanut butter

....Hormel Foods is recalling thousands of pounds of Skippy peanut butter because of stainless steel fragments possibly contaminating "a limited number of jars."

The company said Wednesday that it was recalling more than 9,000 cases of reduced fat peanut butter voluntarily. That amounts to 161,692 pounds of the brown-bag lunch staple.

The fragments, Hormel said, were "from a piece of manufacturing equipment."

"Skippy Foods, LLC, out of an abundance of caution and with an emphasis on the quality of its products, is issuing the recall to ensure that consumers are made aware of the issue. The manufacturing facility's internal detection systems identified the concern," the company said.

Products included in the recall are:
- SKIPPY Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, 40oz with "best if used by" dates of MAY0423 and MAY0523
- SKIPPY Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter — Club, 2/40oz with "best if used by" date of MAY0523
- SKIPPY Reduced Fat Chunky Peanut Butter, 16.3oz with "best if used by" dates of MAY0623 and MAY0723
- SKIPPY Creamy Peanut Butter Blended With Plant Protein, 14oz with a "best if used by" date of MAY1023

Hormel (HRL) indicated on its website that customers who purchased a recalled product can return it to their retailer or contact the company.

down.....in Frag....gle Rock......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2022 09:20PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: what the frag?!....Hormel recalls Skippy peanut butter due to metal fragments....
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 31, 2022 10:36PM
Choosy moms choose Jif.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Re: what the frag?!....Hormel recalls Skippy peanut butter due to metal fragments....
Posted by: srf1957
Date: March 31, 2022 11:55PM
Reduced fat peanut butter and added vegetableprotien needs to go straight to the garbage anyway . I bought a store brand peanut butter that changed the ingredients . Used to generic skippy . New version roasted peanut bits and palm oil . Horrible tasting crap .
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 01, 2022 12:40AM
ground peanuts, salt. Lecithin if you must so it doesn't separate.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 01, 2022 01:41AM
Racer X

No lecithin in mine, the jar goes in the fridge after it gets mixed up to keep the oil from separating.

Also don't go for the brands that sell "natural" peanut butter that substitute palm oil for the peanut oil to have a product that doesn't separate.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 01, 2022 03:40PM
Sadly, Skippy has gone downhill since they bailed from Alameda, California in 1974.

Their "tombstone" at the old Skippy site makes reference to the fact that "tours of the Skippy manufacturing plant were taken ny generations of school children...". I was fortunate enough to take the Skippy tour twice in the 1950's; once with the Cub Scouts, and another time with a local school group. I was already a diehard Skippy fanboy before the tours, and remained one until the product started deteriorating and was forced to look elsewhere for a decent PB fix.

The "frags" sadden me because of the old emotional attachment, but at least (hopefully) they've got it under control.

From a local food manufacturing tour as a kid standpoint, Skippy came in a strong third on my top ten+ (or so) list, behind Ghirardelli and See's Candies.... they were followed by the indigenous prides of the SF Bay Area; a few salami and sourdough (Larrabaru R.I.P.) factories, and rounded out by Dreyer's Ice Cream, Granny Goose (snack) Foods, Luara Scudder's Chips (Oakland's Blue Bird subsidiary) and Shasta Beverages. The SF Bay Area was big on local food manufacturing tours for school age kids in the 1950's and 60's....
==
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 01, 2022 03:42PM
I always did like chunky PB, but not like this!

Racer X

Agree. Nowadays we only get the Kirkland regular PB. Just nuts and salt. No need to mess with it beyond that IMO. It was tough times when they had to recall it a few years back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020