advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
refurby?!.....Apple selling refurb 14 & 16-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro/Max) models....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 01, 2022 12:55PM
.....today....refurbished M1 Pro and M1 Max MacBook Pro....

Apple Now Selling Refurbished M1 Pro and M1 Max MacBook Pro Models’

....Apple today began offering refurbished versions of the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models that are equipped with M1 Pro and M1 Max chips. This is the first time that these Macs have been available with a refurbished discount since their 2021 launch.

Apple has a range of different machines and configurations available, with several M1 Pro options and a few higher-end M1 Max MacBook Pros. An entry-level 14-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip, 8-core CPU, and 14-core GPU is priced at $1,800, down from the original $2,000 price tag.

A refurbished 16-inch MacBook Pro with M1 Max chip, 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, and 1TB SSD, which is the base high-end M1 Max, is priced at $3,149, a savings of $350 over the standard $3,499 price.

Limited stock is available at this time because the contents of the refurbished store fluctuate based on what people have sent in for repair and replacement, so these machines could go quickly. Apple will regularly replenish the refurbished store, with available specifications changing over time.

All of Apple's refurbished Macs feature the same one-year warranty available with brand new products, along with all manuals and accessories. Every refurbished device from Apple goes through a rigorous testing, repair, repackaging, and cleaning process, with Apple providing new outer shells and batteries.

Standard one-year warranties can be extended with AppleCare+, making Apple's refurbished products virtually indistinguishable from new products.

refurbs...?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2022 02:37PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: refurb?!.....Apple selling refurb 14 & 16-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro/Max) models....
Posted by: Diana
Date: April 01, 2022 02:27PM
Well. I finally gave up on seeing these, so I got the Studio instead. So yeah, you can thank me for it.

Grrrrrrr……

damn you smiley
Re: refurb?!.....Apple selling refurb 14 & 16-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro/Max) models....
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 01, 2022 02:44PM
Diana
Well. I finally gave up on seeing these, so I got the Studio instead. So yeah, you can thank me for it.
Grrrrrrr……
damn you smiley

If you shop around...

base 14" M1P has been as low as $1700, and recently $1750... new

Not sure if the second one is a type, cause Base 16" M1Ms have a 512 GB drive, are $3300 new, but Ive seen for $3200.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: refurby?!.....Apple selling refurb 14 & 16-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro/Max) models....
Posted by: Forrest
Date: April 01, 2022 04:39PM
The 14 inch MBP are gone already, but plenty of 13 inch M1 MBP
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 01, 2022 04:40PM
Diana

Grrrrrrr……

damn you smiley

The Studio has much more power than these do.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 01, 2022 05:16PM
C(-)ris
The Studio has much more power than these do.

Testing has proven otherwise. More ports, 100% for sure.

But mano v mano, 16" MBP M1M vs Studio M1M = identical performance.

Strange, but true. You *would* think that will all the thermal limitations in the MBP vs the huge thermal cooler in the Studio they would have boosted the crap out of it... nope.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020