The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Billions
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 02, 2022 07:21AM
anyone watching this season?
did the dialog hump the shark?
endless tries at being clever and "pop".
It's not that Ax is gone. It's just gone lame.

Fortunately, there's not shortage of other episodics to try.

!#$@@$#!

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Billions
Posted by: Mactel
Date: April 02, 2022 07:48AM
The show was steadily getting worse season after season much like Ray Donovan did. Now i just watch it while I’m eating and don’t pay 100% attention because it’s just not very good anymore.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 02, 2022 08:21AM
Still watching. Still enjoying.

I enjoy Billions as a show made up entirely of caricatures. The pop culture reference Tourette syndrome is just the show’s own signature tic. Billions is the hedge fund world in a Looney Tunes universe.

Yes, it used to be sharper, more adjacent to something resembling the real world writ large. Those were great days too. Nobody can take away Axe and Wags in their prime.

Even if I weren’t still enjoying it, how could I abandon a show that gave me that moment of Axe and Wags talking Dollar Bill down from his Typhoid Colonel Sanders play? big grin smiley

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
As of July 16, 2022, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is now available by simply dialing 988. The previous number, 1-800-273-8255, will remain active.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 02, 2022 08:29AM
.....can only afford to watch hundreds.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: April 02, 2022 08:37AM
yea, def like Ray D. I have the S6 on hold, but I like Susan Sarandon so much I may cave.
Many better US shows can't seem to get past 2 or 3 seasons of 12 eps.
The Brits seem to be better at it than the US. I think because many of their shows are 5 or 6 eps a season.
Although Breaking Bad held strong for us thru the whole run.
Watched the 1st of Slow Horses last night. Disappointing considering the source & players.
May go back to 50s & 60s French & Brit films.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: hal
Date: April 02, 2022 01:38PM
what happened to Ax? I lost interest a year or two ago, but was thinking of getting back to it, but not without the main character.
Date: April 02, 2022 04:41PM
Damian said '" he always planned to leave and that now (his wife was Helen McCrory from Peaky and others. She passed last year.) was as good a time as any."'
Weak player in my book, but this years scripts really pale.
I'm just watching for Maggie, Condola and Costabile (Wags).
The rest are taking salary. If I make it thru the season, that'll be it for me.

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 61
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020