advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
BBQ Brush question, Bristles or Brushy Thing
Posted by: Microman
Date: April 02, 2022 10:51AM
Want to get a new BBQ Brush, I see they have the style I have used all my life, with the bristles, Apparently from reading, these can come loose, and be on the grill. So should I get one of those types of brushes that have a mesh type brush at the end of the handle?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: BBQ Brush question, Bristles or Brushy Thing
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 02, 2022 10:56AM
I use a basting mop

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 02, 2022 12:39PM
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 02, 2022 01:59PM
I use the steel (or bronze) bristle brushes and then wipe with a wet paper towel that I bunch up.
Posted by: flareslow
Date: April 02, 2022 02:40PM
Following a recommendation on Cooks' Illustrated, I bought one of these and have been very happy with it.

Tool Wizard Toolwiz

I heat up the grill, scrub it with the scrubber, then use an olive oil soaked paper towel held in a pair of tongs to wipe it down afterwards. Then grill.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 02, 2022 05:08PM
Sorry, earlier I thought you meant to add sauce to meat as it cooked, now I see you meant cleaning the grill. For years I've used these from Walmart ($11.50 at mine)

[www.walmart.com]

I just quickly wipe the grate with it immediately after removing the meat. Nothing had time to solidify and comes off easily. If I wait until my next time grilling - then I have to scrub hard. So clean immediately after use.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: August West
Date: April 02, 2022 10:19PM
I use the bristle brush, and then less often the glass particle block. Always wad of paper towel and canola oil to finish.

“There comes a point where we need to stop just pulling people out of the river. We need to go upstream and find out why they’re falling in."
Posted by: d4
Date: April 03, 2022 07:28AM
Legend has it that, my neighbor's, cousin's, second grade teacher's, mailman's, son's, soccer coach bit into a bristle left behind from an old bristle grill brush.

But seriously, maybe I'm in the minority here, but aside from reading about it online which is then immediately followed by a "recommendation" to purchase a product, I've never heard of anyone experiencing this "in real life."

I use a bristle brush, then wipe down with some peanut oil on a paper towel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020