advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Useless post: 1 down, 699 to go
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 02, 2022 02:01PM
A while back I got a big package of coffee filters from Costco. I just ran out of my old filters and opened the Costco pack. 700 filters is a lot of filters and barely fits in my cupboard. I rarely use more than one a day so this will last me almost two years.

I consider it a bit of a downside of Costco/Sams to have to buy things in such a large quantity, but at least it works for things that aren't perishable like coffee filters.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Useless post: 1 down, 699 to go
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 02, 2022 02:06PM
When I bought the 36 (?) pack of tissues boxes, I thought, where am I going to keep these? Two years and many allergy seasons later, quite glad.
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: April 02, 2022 02:11PM
I think I may have mentioned this before, but when I first started shopping at Sam's Club many years ago I found a GREAT deal on a box of 500 pencils for under $5.

It wasn't until I got home that I realized it would take quite a bit of time to use up 500 pencils! (Yes, I still have plenty left after all those years).

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 02, 2022 02:16PM
Those big boxes of dryer sheets from Costco last me a loooooong time, but they take up little space and I don’t run out.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 02, 2022 03:08PM
Make it 700 bars of chocolate and I'll irresponsibly figure out a way to eat them.
Posted by: Drew
Date: April 02, 2022 05:48PM
I ordered a box of staples from Amazon. One box has 20 staple sets, with 50 individual staples in each. When the the box arrived, it actually had 10 of those boxes. I use about 8 individual staples a month. I hope my grandchildren will remember to pass the remainders to their children in my memory.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: April 02, 2022 09:41PM
Drew
I ordered a box of staples from Amazon. One box has 20 staple sets, with 50 individual staples in each. When the the box arrived, it actually had 10 of those boxes. I use about 8 individual staples a month. I hope my grandchildren will remember to pass the remainders to their children in my memory.

smiley-laughing001

Grateful11
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 03, 2022 05:54AM
At the beginning of the pandemic, lots of people went into crisis mode over toilet paper. We had some but right at 2 years ago we bought a big pack at Costco of some off-brand that they used to replace their own Kirkland brand when they couldn't get it. We got it home and my wife decided that she was too delicate for the stuff. So I used it in a bathroom that I usually use. Just yesterday I finished up the last of it and put a roll of Kirkland there and told my wife it was there. She was thankful that she could use that bathroom again in comfort. So, 2 years for me to use up a Costco-sized package of toilet paper. I have no idea what the means in the big picture but there you go!
Posted by: DP
Date: April 03, 2022 06:16AM
At least all that stuff you bought a year or two ago means you've saved a lot of money!

Summer scene...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: April 03, 2022 10:47AM
Drew

We had a thread some time ago about (as I remember) stuff of which we had a lifetime supply. Staples were high on the list. Now that my parents are gone, I inherited staples and paper clips. Since I am childless, I suspect my staples will go to a thrift store or the dump.

=wr=
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 03, 2022 03:10PM
Drew

At current rate of consumption, that's over 100 years worth of staples. patriot smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020