Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sean Penn : Rockstar
Posted by: jonny
Date: April 02, 2022 03:12PM
[www.theguardian.com] (fixed link)
The Hollywood actor Sean Penn has called for a billionaire to come forward and buy two squadrons of F-15 or F-16 aircraft for Ukraine in an unlikely attempt to tip the scales against the Russian invaders in the five-week-old war.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 04:19PM by jonny.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sean Penn : Rockstar
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 02, 2022 03:34PM
Im not sure I understand... are you saying he's a "rockstar" for making the request?

Not sure its different than every manny, moe and Jackie that have kinda been saying the same thing for the last 5 weeks either...

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: April 02, 2022 03:51PM
[Please don't post "amp" links.]

[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: chopper
Date: April 02, 2022 03:57PM
Sean Penn hasn't done a damn thing of value since Bad Boys. Ok, MAYBE Spicolli but slapping Madonna around was not cool.

At least Maddy did her career without having daddy groom the trail like Penn and his pals who were just entitled rich brats.

[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 02, 2022 04:05PM
I’ll always smile when I think about the speech he gave after some kind of award, where he said, “You tolerate me. You really tolerate me.”
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: April 02, 2022 04:08PM
chopper
Sean Penn hasn't done a damn thing of value since Bad Boys. Ok, MAYBE Spicolli but slapping Madonna around was not cool.

At least Maddy did her career without having daddy groom the trail like Penn and his pals who were just entitled rich brats.

[en.wikipedia.org]

That’s bullshat. Aside any early criticisms from when he was younger, he has done far more than you and most of us when it comes to walking the walk and not just talking the talk (his hands on efforts in Haiti as an example). So feel free to whine and complain while some people actually put their time and resources on the line trying to help others. At least he grew up, unlike you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 04:10PM by Carnos Jax.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 02, 2022 04:13PM
The mere fact that he's an activist is enough to trigger a dislike switch with some people.
Date: April 02, 2022 04:18PM
jdc
Im not sure I understand... are you saying he's a "rockstar" for making the request?

Not sure its different than every manny, moe and Jackie that have kinda been saying the same thing for the last 5 weeks either...

Penn can do more because he has Spicolli star power. He's using his cache to browbeat a few good-for-nothing richy-riches (I'm lookin' at you, Bezos-Musk-Cook!) into doing what the US gov seems to be unable to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 04:55PM by jonny.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 02, 2022 05:25PM
This Must Be the Place [www.imdb.com]

staring Penn as a retired, washed-up rock star living in England with his firefighter wife, Frances McDormand is fricken awesome!
Date: April 02, 2022 06:05PM
jonny
Penn can do more because he has Spicolli star power. He's using his cache to browbeat a few good-for-nothing richy-riches (I'm lookin' at you, Bezos-Musk-Cook!) into doing what the US gov seems to be unable to do.

If you honestly think its just that easy for a billionaire, or the us gov, to just start doing that... and that a few planes (you are gonna need pilots, crews, gas, armament and a place to base them) Im not sure you are grasping the whole situation and all of its complexities.

You are aware that the us has already sent $800 M + and have near $14 B earmarked for aid ... right?

Date: April 02, 2022 06:45PM
jdc
jonny

If you honestly think its just that easy for a billionaire, or the us gov, to just start doing that... and that a few planes (you are gonna need pilots, crews, gas, armament and a place to base them) Im not sure you are grasping the whole situation and all of its complexities.

You are aware that the us has already sent $800 M + and have near $14 B earmarked for aid ... right?

Ukraine has asked for planes.
Date: April 02, 2022 07:17PM
jonny

migs. they don't have the knowledge to fly others.

And I want a pony.

But if I get a pony, it wont make my neighbor want to launch a missle at me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 07:18PM by jdc.
Date: April 02, 2022 08:49PM
jdc
jonny

And I want a pony.

You don't have Sean Penn as fundraiser. And your neighbor has already rocketed your garage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 09:28PM by jonny.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: April 02, 2022 09:39PM
jdc
jonny

And I want a pony.

The MIG-29 is the only option if you want to supply them with more aircraft they can fly today.

If you have a longer timeline, there are many other better options. The Ukrainians would likely want a plane that has a radar with a "look down shoot down" capability to defend against cruise missiles. Does the MIG-29 have this? I don't know.

[www.thedrive.com]
Date: April 02, 2022 10:40PM
jonny
You don't have Sean Penn as fundraiser. And your neighbor has already rocketed your garage.

Ok, lets see if this makes it more clear. russia has not rocketed the USA (or its bases)... but if we give the people they are fighting against direct military aid, be it from the USA or some B list has been no real clout actor, they might be so inclined.

no matter what that aid might be.

Date: April 02, 2022 11:59PM
jdc
jonny

Ok, lets see if this makes it more clear. russia has not rocketed the USA (or its bases)... but if we give the people they are fighting against direct military aid, be it from the USA or some B list has been no real clout actor, they might be so inclined.

no matter what that aid might be.

We are already giving them massive military aid, but they need jets.
I wouldn't imagine Mr. Penn cares where the money or the jets are coming from.
Russia is the undoubted bad actor in all this. Governments (and individuals) need to step up... in one way or the other.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 03, 2022 06:21PM
freeradical
jdc
jonny

And I want a pony.

The MIG-29 is the only option if you want to supply them with more aircraft they can fly today.

If you have a longer timeline, there are many other better options. The Ukrainians would likely want a plane that has a radar with a "look down shoot down" capability to defend against cruise missiles. Does the MIG-29 have this? I don't know.

[www.thedrive.com]

They need something one of their pilots can climb into, start up, take off and attack with. Notice I didn't mention any training? They need MiGs they already know how to fly. Let them brush up on the -29 manuals, maybe a simulator set-up on a PC with controls and a big screen display. I'm talking an afternoon that they can do anywhere. Hotel conference room, warehouse, school auditorium, indoor basketball court?

They need tank buster missiles, air to air missiles for defense from copters, and just keep moving.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes that isn't in the media. We have been training them locally for an insurgency since 2014.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020