advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
a Whole New World?!....new extended trailer for 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds'.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 03, 2022 01:55PM
....dropped today.....

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds: Who Is Spock Smooching in the New Trailer?

....Captain Pike and the gang will seek out new life and traverse the unknown in Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, arriving this May on Paramount+.

On Sunday, the streamer unveiled a new extended trailer for the forthcoming series, which you check out above. The video teases plenty of action, a few awkward encounters and some unexpected Spock smooching. But who is on the other end of that lip lock?

In Star Trek canon, the half human/half Vulcan was betrothed to T’Pring, who later chose to marry someone else. He also became infatuated with Nurse Chapel while under the effect of Harry Mudd’s love potion.

Paramount+ also released a new photo — see below — of the crew in action.

Strange New Worlds will premiere Thursday, May 5, with new episodes streaming weekly. Set in the years Pike helmed the Enterprise, the series follows Pike (Anson Mount), Spock (Ethan Peck) and Number One (Rebecca Romijn) as they explore new worlds around the galaxy. Mount, Peck, and Romijn first appeared as the trio in Season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.

The cast also includes Celia Rose Gooding as Cadet Nyota Uhura, Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel and Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. M’Benga — all characters from the original Trek series — and new characters like Christina Chong’s La’an Noonien-Singh (who shares a last name with infamous villain Khan Noonien-Singh), Melissa Navia’s Lt. Erica Ortegas and Bruce Horak’s Hemmer. Plus, Vampire Diaries alum Paul Wesley has been tapped to play James T. Kirk in the upcoming Season 2.

a new......fantastic.....point of view.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: a Whole New World?!....new extended trailer for 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds'.....
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 03, 2022 04:14PM
barf smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Re: a Whole New World?!....new extended trailer for 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds'.....
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 03, 2022 04:38PM
This is gonna be a shitshow.

Makes me feel sad.

The creators will (continue to) rehash already done by Star Trek before and pat themselves on the back for being so clever and edgy.

STINO.
Not worth my time, much less my subscription money!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 03, 2022 06:23PM
This is going to be a great show.

That it won't be for everybody is ok by me.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Forrest
Date: April 03, 2022 08:13PM
Looking forward to the show!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020