advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Good bye August hello Level
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 03, 2022 02:39PM
My August lock eats batteries and required a wifi bridge for HomeKit compatibility. The bridge would randomly disconnect from wifi.

Decided to try the Level Lock Touch. Very nicely built and easy install. So far it has been working better than the August Lock it replaced. Added the Level Bolt to another door to give me smart lock capability on that door at a cheaper cost.

Now to find a new doorbell camera to replace the August doorbell which no longer connects and reset fails. Need to find something that has an app for remote viewing and supports RTSP or ONVIF and isn't Ring or Nest.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Good bye August hello Level
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 03, 2022 06:22PM
I'm a big fan of the Level lock, but my current lockset won't support it.

I may change the whole works so it can be used, it's such a slick piece of hardware.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Cary
Date: April 03, 2022 06:42PM
I just installed a Lockly deadbolt for my son today. Didn't set up the app yet, but the deadbolt seems well made.
Posted by: Mactel
Date: April 04, 2022 12:53PM
The new Schlage Encode Plus lock looks nice and is the first to support HomeKey so you can use your watch to unlock it but it is sold out everywhere. Strong demand since it just came out...
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 04, 2022 05:40PM
Mactel
The new Schlage Encode Plus lock looks nice and is the first to support HomeKey so you can use your watch to unlock it but it is sold out everywhere. Strong demand since it just came out...

Really don't want a number pad on my front door. The Level lock looks like a standard deadbolt. Discreet is good.
Posted by: Cary
Date: April 04, 2022 09:14PM
The Lovely keypad has 4 circles, which change the nu.here in them each time, so you can't guess the code by looking at fingerprint smudges. Cool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020