advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Don’t be shy. Show your age. What’s the very first TV program you can remember?
Posted by: richorlin
Date: April 06, 2022 03:17PM
Yes, Ding Dong School in 1952 with ‘Miss Frances’

richorlin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2022 03:20PM by richorlin.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Don’t be shy. Show your age. What’s the very first TV program you can remember?
Posted by: DP
Date: April 06, 2022 03:30PM
Probably Howdy Doody although I watched Soupy Sales too but I think he was a local Detroit show.

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 06, 2022 03:42PM
I remember sneaking up late at night to peek at my dad watching Playboy After Dark. From my bedroom, I could also hear Doris Day singing Que Sera Sera every week.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 06, 2022 03:45PM
My Little Margie. Gale Storm was pretty sexy. I never watched the kiddie shows because they were so slupid and plodding.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2022 06:19PM by Speedy.
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 06, 2022 04:24PM
Romper Room, Hobo Kelly, Sheriff John, Jack Lalanne and my Mom's Soap Operas.
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: April 06, 2022 04:51PM
PBS kidvid. Sesame Street, Electric Company, Mr. Rogers, Zoom. And of course The Captain.
Posted by: pipiens
Date: April 06, 2022 05:33PM
Texaco Star Theater
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 06, 2022 06:31PM
Looney Toons - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd...
Posted by: maco
Date: April 06, 2022 07:01PM
Felix the Cat
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 06, 2022 07:35PM
....The Magic Garden.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 06, 2022 08:05PM
Along with many already mentioned:

From the deep, clouded memories...

Claude Kisrchner's Super Circus

Dave Garroway's Today Show

Alistair Cooke's Omnibus
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 06, 2022 08:11PM
I was originally thinking kids shows but also remember Playhouse 90 &
The Life of Reilly.
Posted by: srf1957
Date: April 06, 2022 10:47PM
The earliest shows I remember knowing watching . Was the angry red planet and the beast from 20 thousand leagues under the sea . We lived in a very small house . My brother and could see a perfect reflection what was on in the window of our room . Also watched reruns of superman on Saturday mornings .
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 07, 2022 01:58PM
pipiens
Texaco Star Theater

You can trust your car to the man who wears the star.
The big, bright Texaco star!

Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 07, 2022 06:31PM
This is what I remember: [www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 07, 2022 06:32PM
A-Polly
I remember another show for little kids called Romper Room that I enjoyed, and recall being fascinated that the teacher would draw on a large easel tablet and could make pictures out of kids' initial letters. I was desperate to own the big crayon or marker she used, that made such bold, black lines!

They were all based on the same show. Romper Room is one of my early shows, and I knew it was earlier than that 1966 picture in the other post. So looking it up, the show was both syndicated nationwide and franchised. So some localities used the national feed, others used the scripts and hired local talent. They would also use local children. The show started in 1953, before I was born.

Other early shows include Captain Kangaroo, Mr Ed, and a few others mentioned by others. Can't remember which was "first".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020