advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
truck you all to h****?!....Walmart raises trucker salaries to attract more applicants....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 07, 2022 12:48PM
.....from $87,500 to between $95,000-$110,000....and launched 12 week trucking program....

Walmart starting pay range for new truck drivers is between $95,000 and $110,000 after wage increase

....Walmart is driving up pay for its truck drivers.

In a blog post Thursday, the nation's largest retailer announced a driver pay increase and said it launched a training program to give employees who work in its distribution or fulfillment centers a chance to become certified Walmart truck drivers.

The pay raise for its 12,000 truck drivers makes the starting range for new drivers between $95,000 and $110,000, according to Walmart spokeswoman Anne Hatfield. The retailer said that $87,500 had been the average that new truck drivers could make in their first year.

The new private fleet development program is a 12-week program taught by the company's "established drivers" who will be called "Certified Driver Trainers."

The moves announced Thursday come as the pandemic has made trucker shortages more severe as demand to move freight reaches historic highs. The American Trucking Associations, a large industry trade group, estimates that the nation is short about 80,000 drivers.

Walmart said the average salary for a long-haul driver is $56,491 and that its starting wage "can nearly double that."

Through the new training program, Walmart is paying for supply chain associates in the Dallas, Texas, and Dover, Delaware areas to earn their commercial driver's license or CDL – which can cost between $4,000 to $5,000 – and become professional Walmart drivers.

Walmart truck driver jobs: Where to apply
Walmart said it's coming off a record year for hiring truck drivers with over 4,500 hired and that it plans "keep hiring aggressively to meet customer demand.".....

keep......it......trucking.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2022 12:49PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: truck you all to h****?!....Walmart raises trucker salaries to attract more applicants....
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 07, 2022 01:23PM
back of the napkin math -- so lets say an average $1000 per month raise X 12000 truckers = $12M a month = $1.5B over a year -- out of Walmart's $575B yearly revenue

So, a drop in the bucket for Walmart, (0.26% reduction in revenue) but an extra $1K a month for normal folks = huge...

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: truck you all to h****?!....Walmart raises trucker salaries to attract more applicants....
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 07, 2022 04:20PM
I know someone who quit a white collar job to become a truck driver. Better pay and benefits and less corporate stress. Fixed schedule without having to deal with having to work non-work hours like they did in their white collar job.
Posted by: Cary
Date: April 07, 2022 06:46PM
jdc
back of the napkin math -- so lets say an average $1000 per month raise X 12000 truckers = $12M a month = $1.5B over a year -- out of Walmart's $575B yearly revenue

So, a drop in the bucket for Walmart, (0.26% reduction in revenue) but an extra $1K a month for normal folks = huge...

$12M X 12 = $144M/year, not $1.5B...
Makes your argument even more potent
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 07, 2022 07:20PM
That pay rate is for full time drivers. A lot of routes are only five or six hours.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 08, 2022 01:42PM
Cary

thanks, not sure what I was thinking -- B, duh. you are right. like .0001%?

Reminds me of undercover boss, when the CEO gives the person like $10K -- for many, that's huge... while they go back to making $10K an hour...

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 08, 2022 04:47PM
jdc
Cary

thanks, not sure what I was thinking -- B, duh. you are right. like .0001%?

Reminds me of undercover boss, when the CEO gives the person like $10K -- for many, that's huge... while they go back to making $10K an hour...

Back in 1997ish, I calculated Bill Gates was making 38 thousand a hour. You are completely right.

Big companies can make big change for little cash. Companies that prioritize customers first, employees second, and everything else will take care of itself are doing well. They are well respected and regarded in the business world and their communities, and have motivated workers with low turnover.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 153
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020