advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
‘ Pittsburgh Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by dump truck ‘
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 09, 2022 01:01PM
‘ Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins died Saturday morning after he was struck by a dump truck while he was walking on a South Florida highway. Haskins was 24 years old.

Florida Highway Patrol spokesperson Lt. Indiana Miranda confirmed the accident on westbound Interstate 595. Haskins was pronounced dead at the scene.

Miranda didn't say why Haskins was on the highway. The accident caused the highway to be shut down for several hours.

"He was just walking on the highway and got hit," Miranda told The Associated Press. ‘

[www.espn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ‘ Pittsburgh Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by dump truck ‘
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 09, 2022 02:30PM
Dump truck? Dang. Maybe we’ll see if the investigation will reveal about why he exited his vehicle. FL HP spokesperson says he was attempting to cross lanes of traffic.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Re: ‘ Pittsburgh Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by dump truck ‘
Posted by: hal
Date: April 09, 2022 02:52PM
It sure sounds like suicide. What are the odds that a different story explains why an elite athlete couldn't avoid a fricken dump truck while crossing an interstate highway that he shouldn't have been crossing?

only 24! that's just horrible!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 09, 2022 08:31PM
hal
It sure sounds like suicide.

There are easier ways out of this world.

Also, this sort of thing happens with surprising frequency but we fail to take notice. We say it shouldn't have happened yet fail to change the conditions that did indeed cause it to happen.

Posted by: Mactel
Date: April 10, 2022 09:07AM
Maybe he was drunk? I wonder if they will do toxicology testing
Posted by: Mr645
Date: April 10, 2022 12:25PM
Nothing about why he was walking, trying to cross an 8 lane highway. Speed limit 55 or 65 depending on where exactly he was. traffic typically moved between 65 to 85 mph
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: April 10, 2022 05:57PM
I've walked along highways a few times just because I'm used to anything that's within a mile or so being walking distance. Admittedly, I forget that many suburban areas in this country don't have sidewalks.

I was staying at a hotel on a business trip and ended up walking a highway to get to food. I didn't have a car and had taken a ride share from the airport to the hotel.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 11, 2022 03:15PM
M A V I C
I've walked along highways a few times just because I'm used to anything that's within a mile or so being walking distance. Admittedly, I forget that many suburban areas in this country don't have sidewalks.

I was staying at a hotel on a business trip and ended up walking a highway to get to food. I didn't have a car and had taken a ride share from the airport to the hotel.

Not walking along. Walking ACROSS!

The evening before this happened, I was telling my wife how back in the 1980s, some teen fool friend of min wanted to cross the Interstate between the cineplex to the Mini Golf and Mini Grand Prix. Even at 15 I said "F*** that!" I'll go down and up the 1/2 mile and cross at the overpass!"

I guess how stupid that would have been as we watched the cars shoot by at 60/70+ MPH!

When I found out Mr Haskins was crossing on foot, I wondered if the team had cut him, crushing his dreams. My condolences to his family no matter the circumstances.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020