advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
mini me?!....unreleased 'Mac Mini' spotted in Apple Studio Display firmware....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 12, 2022 07:29AM
.....so looks like updated 'Mac Mini' coming.....

Unreleased Mac Mini Spotted in Latest Studio Display Firmware

....An unreleased Mac mini has been spotted within code of the latest Studio Display firmware, adding credence to rumors that Apple is working on an updated Mac mini that could debut sometime this year.

Developer Steve Troughton-Smith revealed on Twitter that within iOS 15.4 for the Studio Display, a reference to "Macmini10,1" has been found. That model identifier does not match any existing released Mac mini and is likely to be the model ID for a rumored upcoming Mac mini.

The rumor mill is a little unclear as to what new Macs are imminent; for what it’s worth, there is one concrete clue: the shipping Studio Display firmware references one unaccounted-for mystery machine — a new model generation of Mac mini (“Macmini10,1”). My guess: M2, not M1 Pro — Steve Troughton-Smith (@stroughtonsmith) April 12, 2022

Earlier rumors suggested that Apple had plans to release a new high-end Mac mini to replace the Intel-based model in the lineup. Following the launch of the Mac Studio, a hybrid between the Mac mini and Mac Pro, however, rumors have been slightly unclear on whether the upcoming Mac mini is a low-end or high-end product.

Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has cautioned against the prospect that a new high-end Mac mini would be announced this year, saying instead a launch will take place in 2023. Apple may be planning to release a new low-end Mac mini to replace the M1 model currently in the lineup with the "M2" Apple silicon chip while keeping a high-end model planned for next year, as Kuo has indicated.

updated.....Mac Mini.....coming......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2022 09:26AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: mini me?!....unreleased 'Mac Mini' spotted in Apple Studio Display firmware....
Posted by: blooz
Date: April 12, 2022 12:58PM
Of course there is. Since I just bought a new Mac mini…

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Re: mini me?!....unreleased 'Mac Mini' spotted in Apple Studio Display firmware....
Posted by: jdc
Date: April 12, 2022 06:18PM
blooz
Of course there is. Since I just bought a new Mac mini…

yeah, but even if they intro a WWDC, that's june... 2 months away.... with possible shipping dates even farther out. 64 Gb studios are still 10 weeks.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 12, 2022 08:17PM
I'm cautiously optimistic that this next mini won't have anything that will make me regret getting the current M1.

But — if the next mini recognized the protocol for my SanDisk Extreme Pro Portable SSD to give it > 1500Gbps, that would give me throughput envy.

As is, my 2018 mini (Intel) gives me about 900Gbps, where the M1 gives me ~550Gbps.

If Apple fixes that, I may have to lie in wait for sale.

It's a known issue, but no telling if/when Apple will fix it.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020