advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
10th Birthday - Canon 5D Mark III & Nikon D800
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 14, 2022 03:23PM
I recently sold off my D800 after I replaced one with a D850. I mostly gained frame rate. Otherwise, the D800's image quality is still excellent, even by today's standards. If you are a Nikon user, I'd recommend giving it a try since it has dropped in price ranging from $500-800.

[fstoppers.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 10th Birthday - Canon 5D Mark III & Nikon D800
Posted by: AllGold
Date: April 14, 2022 03:38PM
Approximately the same price for the Canon 5D Mark III, although I think the D800 is probably a better camera. Then again, if you only have Canon lenses, the D800 doesn't do you much good.

Date: April 14, 2022 03:39PM
AllGold
Approximately the same price for the Canon 5D Mark III, although I think the D800 is probably a better camera. Then again, if you only have Canon lenses, the D800 doesn't do you much good.

The 5D Mark III was better for action with 6.5fps. The D800 4fps is downright pokey.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: vision63
Date: April 14, 2022 04:48PM
pRICE cUBE
AllGold

The 5D Mark III was better for action with 6.5fps. The D800 4fps is downright pokey.

4 frames in one second will get the job done.
Date: April 14, 2022 05:34PM
vision63
pRICE cUBE
AllGold

Depends on what you are doing and what the competitor is using. Can I shoot sports with 4fps? Sure, I’ve done it. I prefer not to.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 14, 2022 06:07PM
I find that the 5D mark III is a great body for me. Not much reason to get a mark IV. I keep my mark II as a back-up.

But let me tell you, with a damaged neck and right shoulder a mark III with vert grip, and the Canon 28-300 L lens, it is REALLY a challenge to shoot handheld for long.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 14, 2022 06:09PM
pRICE cUBE
vision63
pRICE cUBE
AllGold

Depends on what you are doing and what the competitor is using. Can I shoot sports with 4fps? Sure, I’ve done it. I prefer not to.

For the schmoe spending $500 - $800 for a still mind-blowing performing camera, they'll be more than pleased I think.
Posted by: jonny
Date: April 14, 2022 06:55PM
If only the lenses depreciated at the same rate.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 16, 2022 01:09PM
Every day I love my 6D more, but now for what it lacks compared to the 5D series. A blessing in disguise, perhaps.

And in a short time I learned with a little effort you only need 1fps to catch decisive sport action. Single-shot FTW.
Date: April 16, 2022 03:40PM
Here's a perhaps typical expectation of a ball-near-raquette image. Please ignore that I was positioned at the wrong angle here even though I still did include the player's face.

I only need one of those, not 30 where perhaps 5 are a bit better than the 1.

That was all fake access, not gameplay access. I had her grandfather toss balls so that I could stand on the court with a 50mm.
Date: April 16, 2022 04:12PM
Using the EF200, here's a small sequence captured at the 4-5fps or whatever. I think that together it still tells the story. The exact recorded location of the tennis ball is irrelevant.

Setting up this shot sequence I pre-selected a rightward AF point and kept her correspondingly framed as I panned. I also use back-button focusing. It's the more accurate equivalent of manual focus: Always-on "servo" focus, or locked focus if you let go. No in-between. Simple.

Overall, I'm not supposed to be able to do this without multiple AF points that turn over subject tracking to the camera.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 107
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020