advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sabre Pepper Gel now available in less conspicuous turquoise color, 12ft range
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 15, 2022 04:29PM
Pepper gel only affects the person it is prayed on. It is not a fog that can affect the user/defender. It can be used in close quarters and confined spaced to further the chances of escaping an aggressor. I take it with me everywhere I go. I encounter some aggressive animals when I jog.

Previous pepper gel discussion:
[forums.macresource.com]
Aggressive animals [forums.macresource.com]
Attempted child abduction [forums.macresource.com]
Home intruder [forums.macresource.com]

This new color is less conspicuous in the turquoise color. It can easily pass for a cosmetic item.
New color $10 [www.amazon.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2022 04:39PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sabre Pepper Gel now available in less conspicuous turquoise color, 12ft range
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: April 15, 2022 05:19PM
slightly shorter range (10 feet vs 12 feet), but for myself, I prefer the "flip-top" vice "twist" safety mechanism ($10.20 for 1, $16.19 for 2; available in teal, pink, purple, or black)

Edit: oops, above link is for the spray - here's the gel version (with 12 ft range & flip-top safety)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2022 11:56PM by SDGuy.
Re: Sabre Pepper Gel now available in less conspicuous turquoise color, 12ft range
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 15, 2022 05:42PM
I like how Amazon offers it through Subscribe and Save with a one month refill (most common).

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Date: April 15, 2022 06:14PM
Ombligo
I like how Amazon offers it through Subscribe and Save with a one month refill (most common).

LOL. Either someone is doing a lot of training or dealing with constant belligerents.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: April 15, 2022 06:19PM
SDGuy
slightly shorter range (10 feet vs 12 feet), but for myself, I prefer the "flip-top" vice "twist" safety mechanism ($10.20 for 1, $16.19 for 2; available in teal, pink, purple, or black)

That model also can be kept on a keychain which is convenient for some. It helps people keep this defensive device on their person instead of in a car or non accessible storage.

I know someone that kept the spray on a keychain and he accidentally set it off in his pocket at home. The gel does kit for up the entire room, only what the gel directly touches.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 15, 2022 07:25PM
pRICE cUBE
Ombligo

LOL. Either someone is doing a lot of training or dealing with constant belligerents.

if this doesn't do it after 3 or 4 altercations, that bear 30' fogger/stream and get them good and dripping wet will show them you are serious.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Date: April 15, 2022 07:30PM
Racer X
pRICE cUBE
Ombligo

if this doesn't do it after 3 or 4 altercations, that bear 30' fogger/stream and get them good and dripping wet will show them you are serious.

I have Bear Spray but that’s for when I go into forested areas. I have seen videos
of people using it indoors for self defense and everyone is affected.

In this video, dude sprays robbers and then spanks one of them. You read that right.
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2022 07:36PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: April 15, 2022 07:36PM
pRICE cUBE
Racer X
pRICE cUBE
Ombligo

I have Bear Spray but that’s for when I go into forested areas. I have seen videos
of people using it indoors for self defense and everyone is affected.

I say soak the perp with so much his/her junk is on fire.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 15, 2022 10:48PM
I prefer the "flip-top" vice "twist" safety mechanism

When Mace was required carry, I quickly switch to the flip cap.

I never triggered it accidentally. but on a couple of occasions I noticed the Safety/Twist was in what we called Condition 1.

Two people I worked with were highly allergic to CN and everyone was warned not to use it around them, LOL.

Once one sprays someone with OC or similar, care must be taking not to come in contact with them, or it's necessary, be careful in making contact.

Even with gel, transferring from one body to another is possible, and it's a lousy surprise when it happens.

Obviously, in most cases one wants to get away from the Sprayed Guy as quickly and as far as possible.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 16, 2022 08:04AM
Just in time for Easter in colorful blue!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020