Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
mask this
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 22, 2022 08:06AM
[www.cnet.com]

a selection to choose from should you not buy into conspiracy theory.

me, I wrap Owen around my face.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: mask this
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 22, 2022 08:32AM
I'll continue to mask.

I do wish, though, as a man with a somewhat pronounced schnoz, I could find a mask that fit better. The metal bar helps a bit but the mask always rides too high on my cheeks because of it.

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 22, 2022 08:53AM
When traveling in close proximity with hordes of the unwashed and unvaxxed, my 3M N95 "Aura" mask works very very nicely. And the padding on the nose piece keeps condensation out of my glasses. The large inhalation / exhalation surface area keeps me from having panic/asthma attacks, and is stiff enough that I can't suck it into my mouth.

.. that sounded wrong...
Posted by: Diana
Date: April 22, 2022 09:26AM
smiley-laughing001
cbelt3
When traveling in close proximity with hordes of the unwashed and unvaxxed, my 3M N95 "Aura" mask works very very nicely. And the padding on the nose piece keeps condensation out of my glasses. The large inhalation / exhalation surface area keeps me from having panic/asthma attacks, and is stiff enough that I can't suck it into my mouth.

.. that sounded wrong...
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 22, 2022 09:29AM
I went with these for my hooter.
Holds pretty well until someone farts.

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: Diana
Date: April 22, 2022 09:30AM
Fritz
[www.cnet.com]

a selection to choose from should you not buy into conspiracy theory.

me, I wrap Owen around my face.

smiley-shocked003

And Owen is ok with you walking around? That would earn a stern reprimand in my household.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 22, 2022 09:55AM
I have several different brands of N95s, but I like the 9205 masks the best.

They get covered with a thinner mask just because I don't like all that bright white.

[www.amazon.com] / $1.30@

Cheaper, buy the dozens

[www.amazon.com] / $0.94@

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 22, 2022 10:07AM
Whatever you do, don't rely on a fabric mask alone any more. They're good at protecting others from your respiratory droplets, but not at protecting you against theirs, even with a filter pocket. "I would say people should choose disposable masks, not cloth," Lahita said. "A cloth face mask is better than no mask if you don't have access to the disposable ones. It helps protect others if you sneeze or cough -- but it's less effective than the disposable version or the N95 face mask, especially because many people don't wash their cloth masks often."

Another way to maximize protection is to double mask with a cloth and surgical mask. If you can't find an N95, KN95 or KF94, Bollinger said, "a good-quality disposable mask under a cloth mask is a reasonable alternative, as long as the fit on the face, nose and mouth is tight." You can also put an N95, KN95 or KF94 under a regular disposable mask for a tighter seal.

For what I feel are low-risk situations, I do use a cloth mask over a procedure/surgical mask.

That may change if/when there's an uptick in cases.

But I were a mask always, when stepping out the door.

I acclimated early on, and finding masks that fit well with glasses helped.

One day I won't have to, but for now I assume that day may never come.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 22, 2022 10:20AM
cbelt3

.. that sounded wrong...

Count me as another N95 Aura devotee... the 9211+'s are just great, though I find that the mask still makes me extremely sweaty, but I found a solution to that as well.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Wags
Date: April 22, 2022 11:58AM
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 22, 2022 12:13PM
I still mask up and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. old fogey smiley
Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 22, 2022 01:11PM
I'm w/ Rammie, using pale blue medical mask w/ multi-layer cloth mask covering.

While I have a statistically large nose, it is nicely proportional to my massively sized head. IOW, I can't find a ready made mask that fits, so I've had to wing it throughout the pandemic. Props to anyone that provides info on a viable XXXL, comfy mask w/ decent specs. Thanks.

Speaking of specs, and wearing specs (eyeglasses) w/ masks, I found out that anti-fog coating for your lenses actually works. New specs clear any fogging almost instantly. Who knew that stuff was a real thing? Only took a worldwide pandemic to figure that out! Old glasses start fogging, and get worse w/ each ensuing breath until I take them off. I'm hoping this will be the last pandemic for at least another 100 years, and that the next one is more adequately handled than this one has been.

MASKERS UNITE!
==
Date: April 22, 2022 06:30PM
Buzz
I'm w/ Rammie, using pale blue medical mask w/ multi-layer cloth mask covering.

While I have a statistically large nose, it is nicely proportional to my massively sized head. IOW, I can't find a ready made mask that fits, so I've had to wing it throughout the pandemic. Props to anyone that provides info on a viable XXXL, comfy mask w/ decent specs. Thanks.

Speaking of specs, and wearing specs (eyeglasses) w/ masks, I found out that anti-fog coating for your lenses actually works. New specs clear any fogging almost instantly. Who knew that stuff was a real thing? Only took a worldwide pandemic to figure that out! Old glasses start fogging, and get worse w/ each ensuing breath until I take them off. I'm hoping this will be the last pandemic for at least another 100 years, and that the next one is more adequately handled than this one has been.

MASKERS UNITE!
==

Curious which antifog coating you're using. I find that here in humid NOLA, it's virtually impossible to go outside without getting significant fogging, and it's made worse by the mask ... even the Aura types allow some fogging to occur. (I do have a pretty wide face btw, and find the Aura fits incredibly well.)

Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 22, 2022 07:21PM
PeterB
Curious which antifog coating you're using. I find that here in humid NOLA, it's virtually impossible to go outside without getting significant fogging, and it's made worse by the mask ... even the Aura types allow some fogging to occur. (I do have a pretty wide face btw, and find the Aura fits incredibly well.)

It's from Essilor, but now that I look at their website, I'm not sure which one of their offerings I've got.
Now please, somebody find me a giant size mask.
==
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 22, 2022 09:00PM
Got to find some good, comfy, soft cloth masks to go under some surgical masks. Recs?

Hurts like a bastid...
Date: April 22, 2022 10:11PM
Buzz
PeterB

It's from Essilor, but now that I look at their website, I'm not sure which one of their offerings I've got.
Now please, somebody find me a giant size mask.
==

Interesting. I'd gotten an antifog coating on my last set of progressives, and it was worth... absolutely nothing.

For XL N95's, have a look here:

[www.homedepot.com]
[www.airgas.com]
[www.airgas.com]

... one of these might suit you.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 24, 2022 11:52AM
Zoidberg
I'll continue to mask.

I do wish, though, as a man with a somewhat pronounced schnoz, I could find a mask that fit better. The metal bar helps a bit but the mask always rides too high on my cheeks because of it.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.2649593310.1280/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 158
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020