advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Those not on Amazon Prime - Do you have items you regularly buy to get over $25 when you need a cheap item?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 25, 2022 01:24PM
Prime is handy, but it’s too much money for me when you look at the cost for a year. It would be nice to get a $10 item anytime you need it. Are there items like groceries that you can always add on to get the over $25 free shipping?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Those not on Amazon Prime - Do you have items you regularly buy to get over $25 when you need a cheap item?
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 25, 2022 01:48PM
I find groceries and other household sundries to be overpriced at Amazon.
Re: Those not on Amazon Prime - Do you have items you regularly buy to get over $25 when you need a cheap item?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 25, 2022 01:53PM
Motor oil. About $23. But only a couple of times per year.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: April 25, 2022 02:16PM
Acer
I find groceries and other household sundries to be overpriced at Amazon.

Agreed. I keep stuff like vitamin D or niacin in my cart, to add to other things I might need. I don’t mind having a little extra on hand. Vitamins and OTCs are okay, I think.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 25, 2022 02:18PM
Yeah, I’m doing it with vitamins.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: April 25, 2022 02:44PM
I do that WITH Amazon Prime...
Just can't bring myself to only order one $3 item.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Altered Horizons
Date: April 25, 2022 04:04PM
I keep a list of things I'm going to need at some future time. When I buy something at Amazon and it's under $25, I just go to the list.

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. - Sir James Dewar
myHouse: [alteredhorizons.no-ip.org]
myHouse (front door - requires javascript & sound): [alteredhorizons.no-ip.org]

Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: April 25, 2022 04:05PM
Amazon filler item finder.

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

DuckDuckGo
The search engine that doesn't track you.

DemComm Records 2021 Greatest Hits
includes:
Taxman by Joe & Nancy's Rich Ice Cream Band
The Humpty Dance by The Harris-Brown Hookup
Lets Spend The Night Together by The Fang-Swalwell Gang
Díaz-Canel Is A Friend of Ours by The AOC Squad
My Old Kentucky Retirement Home by MitchMcC & The Soggy Boxer Boys
Burning Down The House by Merrick & The Goons
Back In the USSR by Bernie's Red Square Trio

patriot smiley
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 25, 2022 04:33PM

I do that all the time, that's one reason why I have Prime.

Ok, I don't think it's been as low as $3, but I can recall a couple of $4-$6 items from time to time.

I rationalize this because 98% of my stuff goes to an AMZ locker, so the carrier is very likely going to be there every day of the week for someone else, already.

Now if I know the item is available at Safeway, I'll get it there.

In either case, Safeway is a ~1.5mi round trip walk for me, so that's a plus, especially if gas goes to $8/gal this summer.

(One economist suggested this on KCBS, another said it could, but he'd take the bet it wouldn't.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: April 25, 2022 05:47PM
RAMd®d

I do that all the time, that's one reason why I have Prime.

Ditto. I guess if you live in the middle of no where, then sure, you might want to combine your items, but I figure there's probably an Amazon truck rolling past my house every day whether I've ordered something or not. And even if I say, combine my items or deliver them on the same day, they often still show up in individual packages so I'm not really saving on packaging material doing that.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 25, 2022 10:57PM
I'll "pad" an order with Gluten Free "goodies" that are NOT generally available in local markets. boink smiley
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: April 26, 2022 04:46AM
List of DVDs that I want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2022 04:46AM by Lizabeth.
Posted by: mspace
Date: April 26, 2022 08:31AM
Altered Horizons
I keep a list of things I'm going to need at some future time. When I buy something at Amazon and it's under $25, I just go to the list.

agree smiley
Posted by: iaJim
Date: April 27, 2022 08:02AM
Black Warrior pencils.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020