advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
anyone here from Minnesota? You may be offended.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 01, 2022 12:48PM
if it's was posted before .... too bad! Especially if it was me.....
I couldn't find a worthy car today.

The cat ate my homework. I haven't time to STFF.

Four old retired guys are walking down a street in Yuma , Arizona . They turn a corner and see a sign that says, "Old Timers Bar - ALL drinks 10 cents." They look at each other and then go in, thinking, This is too good to be true.

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, gentlemen?"

There's a fully stocked bar, so each of the men orders a martini. In no time the bartender serves up four iced martinis - shaken, not stirred - and says, "That'll be 10 cents each, please." The four guys stare at the bartender for a moment, then at each other. They can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their martinis, and order another round. Again, four excellent martinis are produced, with the bartender again saying, "That's 40 cents, please." They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity gets the better of them. They've each had two martinis and haven't even spent a dollar yet.

Finally one of them says, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime apiece?"

"I'm a retired tailor from Phoenix ," the bartender says, "and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery jackpot for $125 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs a dime. Wine, liquor, beer - it's all the same."

"Wow! That's some story!" one of the men says. As the four of them sip at their martinis, they can't help noticing seven other people at the end of the bar who don't have any drinks in front of them and haven't ordered anything the whole time they've been there. Nodding at the seven at the end of the bar, one of the men asks the bartender, "What's with them?"

The bartender says, "They're retired people from Minnesota . They're waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half-price."

!#$@@$#!

proofraed by OwEn the c@t.

Nobody remembers their first download, but everyone remembers their 1st LP.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: anyone here from Minnesota? You may be offended.
Posted by: Microman
Date: May 01, 2022 01:06PM
I got to laugh,,,,, I sat there in my chair and actually chuckled...

Good work
Posted by: DP
Date: May 01, 2022 01:57PM
See? That's why we should have a "Friday Funnies" every day!

...more music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 01, 2022 06:58PM
I don’t get it…

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2022 06:58PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Pat
Date: May 01, 2022 08:25PM
Speedy
I don’t get it…

Along the lines of what's the difference between a Norwegian and a canoe?
Sometimes a canoe will tip.

Midwest Scandinavian stereotypes.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 01, 2022 09:28PM
Good one ROTFL
Posted by: chopper
Date: May 02, 2022 08:44AM
Is this some kind of attempt to suggest that Minnesota people are dumb or frugal?
Date: May 02, 2022 09:50AM
No.

Four old retired guys are walking down a street in Yuma , Arizona . They turn a corner and see a sign that says, "Old Timers Bar - ALL drinks 10 cents." They look at each other and then go in, thinking, This is too good to be true.

The old bartender says in a voice that carries across the room, "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What'll it be, gentlemen?"

There's a fully stocked bar, so each of the men orders a martini. In no time the bartender serves up four iced martinis - shaken, not stirred - and says, "That'll be 10 cents each, please." The four guys stare at the bartender for a moment, then at each other. They can't believe their good luck. They pay the 40 cents, finish their martinis, and order another round. Again, four excellent martinis are produced, with the bartender again saying, "That's 40 cents, please." They pay the 40 cents, but their curiosity gets the better of them. They've each had two martinis and haven't even spent a dollar yet.

Finally one of them says, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime apiece?"

"I'm a retired tailor from Phoenix ," the bartender says, "and I always wanted to own a bar. Last year I hit the Lottery jackpot for $125 million and decided to open this place. Every drink costs a dime. Wine, liquor, beer - it's all the same."

"Wow! That's some story!" one of the men says. As the four of them sip at their martinis, they can't help noticing seven other people at the end of the bar who don't have any drinks in front of them and haven't ordered anything the whole time they've been there. Nodding at the seven at the end of the bar, one of the men asks the bartender, "What's with them?"

The bartender says, "They're retired people from Minnesota Reykjavik . They're waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half-price."

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 02, 2022 10:42AM
Here in Cleveland the frugal folk would be Slovenian. (big local population..)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 02, 2022 04:09PM
I did get a good laugh out of that.

Mainly, I didn't know that frugality was that much of a thing in MN.

Regardless, the idea of anybody in a bar postponing imbibing for a dime to save a nickel, is funny.

Now if you has said three Scots walk into a pub, that would have sounded racist.

At worst, this is only statesist.

It's not like anybody here would apply racist-type thinking to non-race scenarios, people, places, or things.

So I had a bit of a laugh.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 02, 2022 04:54PM
“The bartender says, "They're retired people from Minnesota Reykjavik . They're waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half-price."

LOL, now I get it!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2022 04:55PM by Speedy.
Date: May 02, 2022 11:49PM
Speedy
LOL, now I get it!

!

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 60
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020