advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Passenger who groped flight attendants gets 60 days
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 04, 2022 09:00PM
Pretty sad that he could commit several sexual assaults and just get his wrist slapped.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

A Frontier Airlines passenger who was restrained in a seat with tape after he groped two flight attendants and punched a third was sentenced Tuesday to 60 days in jail and a year of supervised release, according to court records.

Maxwell Berry, 23, pleaded guilty to three counts of assault within maritime and territorial jurisdiction in the incident, which occurred in-flight last summer.

After sentencing, his attorney, Jason Kreiss, called the incident an “aberration,” saying Berry is “a really good kid from a great family who was punished for his worst day.”

“Although we don’t believe 60 days was necessary based on Max’s significant self-reform and other mitigating factors, we respect the judgment of the court,” Kreiss said Wednesday in a statement to The Washington Post.

>>>

As The Washington Post previously reported, the arrest report showed that Berry had ordered two alcoholic beverages from a flight attendant and “inappropriately” brushed his cup against her backside while ordering another drink.

Police said Berry spilled that new drink on his clothes, then went to a lavatory and came out without his shirt. The flight attendant helped him get a clean shirt from his carry-on luggage, according to the report.

For the next 15 minutes, police said, Berry walked in the cabin and, at some point, groped the breasts of a different flight attendant. Then he walked up behind both female flight attendants “and put his arms around both of them and groped their breasts again,” according to the report.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Passenger who groped flight attendants gets 60 days
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 04, 2022 09:10PM
May he be "groped" every day while in lockup. Maybe show videos of that "groping" in airline boarding areas to "educate" other Neanderthal types that YES, you too can get this "experience". angry villagers smiley
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 04, 2022 09:52PM
Great family.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 04, 2022 10:30PM
”After sentencing, his attorney, Jason Kreiss, called the incident an “aberration,” saying Berry is “a really good kid from a great family who was punished for his worst day.”

“Although we don’t believe 60 days was necessary based on Max’s significant self-reform and other mitigating factors, we respect the judgment of the court,” Kreiss said Wednesday in a statement to The Washington Post.”

The attorney deserves 60 days just for that insulting, arrogant load of cr*p.

Give the kid 6 months for multiple acts of sexual assault within a single incident.

It’s past time to start seriously sending a message that these are acts of criminality, not ‘naughty’ hijinks in some low brow sitcom. Real people. Really violated and traumatized.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2022 10:34PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 05, 2022 03:06AM
One of the flight attendants — Jordan Galarza, whom Berry punched, attended Tuesday’s sentencing hearing and told WPLG that his job was to protect all the passengers in the plane, including Berry. He told the news station that the tape, which is known as restraint tape, may have looked barbaric, “but it worked perfectly and no one got hurt because of how we did what we did.”

And that's how we do it on Frontier Air.

Berry’s attorney said his client will pay for the incident for the rest of his life.

“Max has absolutely learned his lesson and is paying a significant price for his conduct,” his attorney wrote to the court. “This stigma will follow him around and hinder his personal relationships, his ability to obtain employment, his eligibility for housing, positions of trust, and will affect other life issues for the foreseeable future.”

He should have had 90 days minimum with two years probation.

So maybe making him register as a sex offender would be over the top.

People complain when a criminal is 'made an example of', but to a degree, a lesser degree of course, every passenger on that flight is a victim.

A lot of passengers have been similar victims of rowdy behavior of fellow passengers, and it shouldn't be tolerated, especially when it turns to sexual battery and physical violence.

So yes, make him an example, a warning, a cautionary tale.

There's no word on what Frontier Air as done about the attendants restraining that idiot.

Then should drop the investigation if they haven't already, and ban Berry for life from their line.

None of that rises to the level of his head on a pike, and I'm ok with that.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 05, 2022 11:16AM

who was punished for his worst day.”

Well, that is generally the idea. If it weren't for that "worst day" he wouldn't be there at all.

"What about all the days my client didn't murder anybody? Did you ever think about that? Of course not! You only think about yourself!"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 05, 2022 08:30PM
Back when airline people had a lot of apartments in my building, groping a flight attendant might not get you 60 days...

...but it could get you a second date.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 06, 2022 01:58PM
OJ was only punished for his worst…oh wait.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020