Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Power tool rec for basic home DIY
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: May 07, 2022 08:23AM
As many of you know I'm not a very 'handy man'

In fact, believe it or not, I've survived for all my years of home ownership with this being the only 'power' tool in my collection LOL!:

[www.ryobitools.com]

Anyway, I'm looking to expand my horizons with something a bit more practical

I see 'slickdeals' deals pretty much every day for combo kits being offered by Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Brands included in these deals include Ryobi, Dewalt, etc.

Anyway, there was/is an ongoing Ryobi deal at HD for a 6 tool set for $200:

[www.homedepot.com] (ignore the price, I was in store yesterday and the price is $200...unless it changed today)

I texted my handyman last week (he moved out of state several years ago so he's just a friend now, no longer my handyman) and he was pretty partial to Dewalt tools and told me he wouldn't buy Ryobi

He knows I'm not very good with this stuff and he said that Dewalt is good for hardcore people as well as the occasional home DIY'er

I didn't really question why he was telling me to stay away from Ryobi, I just took it at face value

Anyway, the deals for Dewalt are not as good as the ones for Ryobi

For example, Lowe's currently has a 3 tool combo set for $200:

[www.lowes.com] (you're supposed to pick a free 3rd tool from a list of about 6 or 7 options)

These are just examples...I'm posting this because I'm confused

If you read through the comments on slickdeals, everyone has their opinions about brand, 12v vs 18v vs 20v, brushless vs brushed, what tools to include in a combo kit, etc.

For example, what's the true difference between a drill, driver, impact driver, etc?

All this stuff is so confusing!

Thanks

My music blog: [www.auditorymusings.net]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Power tool rec for basic home DIY
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 07, 2022 09:40AM
Fwiw, I've had that ryobi 18v set for many years and it's great. Absolutely adequate for nearly any job. Dewalt is fine, too, I suppose, but not necessarily better.
Posted by: d4
Date: May 07, 2022 09:55AM
That $200, 6-tool, Ryobi 18v kit has pretty much everything a weekend DIY'r will need to start. In the future there's also a Ryobi hammer drill that works with the 18v battery. Oooo,,, and an 18v pole saw too.

The 6-tool, Dewalt 20v Max kit is 3 times the price at $600.

I have a random assortment of Dewalt 20V/corded and Bosch.

Date: May 07, 2022 10:35AM
One thing I like about the 12v Dewalt is the size and weight - definitely easier on the hands and arms
Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 07, 2022 10:38AM
I give you permission to buy Ryobi. I owned a couple of their tools for 15 years or so and never had a problem. The batteries (NiCad) had died and instead of getting new ones I upgraded to DeWalt. I'm glad I did because my house has a number of projects that can really test power tools. Your friend recommends Ryobi because he can easily imagine destroying their tools in short order but you won't be doing projects at his level. I have the same problem when it comes to advice on bikes - I put on a lot of miles so I don't go cheap but for other people this literally doesn't matter and I'm not sure how to help them except to get things 'good enough'.

Anyway, enjoy your Ryobi tools!

---

I should add that my DeWalt drill is a thing of beauty. It just does what is asked of it exceedingly well. And, on occasion, be careful what you ask of it because it can hurt you if you don't brace yourself! There are a couple of materials in my house that are MUCH stronger than anything that would be made today and it can really stress power tools - thats my reason for needing a higher quality tool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2022 11:04AM by mattkime.
Posted by: lost in space
Date: May 07, 2022 10:54AM
The difference in quality (whatever that means) between Ryobi and Dewalt is demonstrated by how many professionals use Dewalt tools. Ryobi use among pros is probably close to zero.

I used to have a few Ryobi tools and they were adequate for light use when I first started out. I've since replaced them with Bosch, Dewalt and Festool. They were all well worth the extra cost. The Ryobi tools all held up well enough, but the better tools gave better results and were easier to use. I no longer have any Ryobi tools.

Looking over the last 15 years, it's like I "sneaked up" on the better tools, starting out cheap and, as my skills and standards increased, discovered I needed better tools as I took on bigger and more demanding projects.

I never regretted spending the extra money for better tools, but many times I did regret not spending enough.

Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 07, 2022 10:59AM
pinkoos,

Get thee to a store and actually hold the tools. Pretend to work with them. Adjust them. The differences in design become immediately apparent. Look at what the set includes and doesn't include and then see what other tools are a part of the same family that use the same battery. Only buy tools that use Lithium Ion batteries.

Although I'n very fond of DeWalts 20v tools and have them at my office, the set I have at home is a Craftsmen Nextec 12v. Drill, Impact Driver and several other tools. All use the same battery. I like them because they have a very good feel and they're capable enough for 90% of anything I'll do at home. If I need something more capable, I grab the DeWalt 20v equivalent from my office.

I like buying from CPO Outlets. They sometimes have great deals:

[www.cpooutlets.com]

This is a link to sets:

[www.cpooutlets.com]

Robert
Date: May 07, 2022 11:03AM
Thanks @Robert M, yes I’ve held both, that’s what I meant about the 12v Dewalt feeling lighter and easier on the arms
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 07, 2022 11:09AM
Pinkoos,

Exactly. A great set of tools is utterly useless if your hands and arms don't like using them. I believe the Craftsmen Nextec 12v set I have has been discontinued. It's also many years old. No doubt there are newer equivalents that are as good or better from other brands. smiling smiley

Oh yeah, another deciding factor: wanted to make sure the set was wife-friendly. That made the 12v models much more desirable.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2022 11:09AM by Robert M.
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 07, 2022 11:38AM
Dont overspend.

You might want think about what tools you might need for the future.

Im plenty handy, but have never had a need for a Sawzall or impact driver or multi tool included in the first set. Sure, set is great way to save a few bucks, but might just leave you with tools you never need/use.

For me most used are: drill, skill saw, miter saw, jigsaw, nailgun, dremel and orbital sander. (and a small screw gun like you have) Ive done crown molding, baseboards, beadboard, furniture restoration, custom picture frames, bed frame repair, 12 x 24 pergola, (https://www.yardistrystructures.com/10-x-22-meridian-pergola/) and dozens of more projects.

Its smart to stay with one family of tools for battery swapping... but in the end, maybe not as important of a factor for the type of work you are doing. Batteries on these tools last a loooooooooong time, so unless you are a contractor running a 10000 screws a day, even a simple 18v battery lasts and lasts.

I get the feel in the hand. My drill offers a giant 40v battery option, but since Im not doing 10000 screws, I still with the small 12v instead. lighter and easier to handle.

I ended up with 3 different brands based on what they offered. And some corded too.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 07, 2022 11:39AM
I've had several Ryobi ONE 18V+ bits over the years.

I would not recommend Ryobi pretty much to anybody, unless it was just for occasional light use.

Ryobi tools use a lot of cheap plastic for the housings, compared to DeWalt, Milwaukee, and others.

Despite the size of some of their kit/pieces, I wouldn't trust them for any continuous use.

Now, Ryobi basically suits my needs, though the drills and batteries are a little large for occasional light use.

Weight isn't a problem at all, it's just that the Ryobi bulk can be a little cumbersome in close quarters.

Around the domicile, a 3/8" cordless drill is generally sufficient for me.

Ryobi makes a pretty cheap drill in 3/8", and their better versions are 1/2", not really needed for many of us DIYers.

Also, the quality of the plastic has dropped over the years, and/or changed composition.

It's easily felt with just a cursory in-hand comparison.

I wish Craftsman hadn't dropped its excellent Nextec line.

The few Nextec pieces I do have are really great, really handy, and I'll be very sad when the batteries go, because the hardware will still be in great shape.

It's only 12V but more than sufficient for my needs.

Small, compact, and really well built.

A friend has some Milwaukee kit and whatever tier it is, its much sturdier and a little more compact than my Ryobi stuff.

Now, when Ryobi Days roll 'round, there are one or two pieces I'll add.

I've got too much in bits, batteries, and chargers to switch to a better brand, and again, my use case will let me muddle along with this one.

But I'd say go with DeWalt, Milwaukee, etc., if you're not invested in Ryobi, and the price is right.

So whatever suits your needs for the money, should be fine.

It's just Ryobi wouldn't be my first choice.

I am that Masked Man.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2022 11:39AM by RAMd®d.
Date: May 07, 2022 11:41AM
The whole "ryobi is not for professionals" meme is pure internet legend and probably equal part peer pressure. There's no evidence of that, so feel free to buy those tools without worrying. I've had mine for at least 8 years and they are not treated kindly nor babied. My friend builds decks and does bathrooms also uses these.
Posted by: jdc
Date: May 07, 2022 11:50AM
mrbigstuff
The whole "ryobi is not for professionals" meme is pure internet legend and probably equal part peer pressure. There's no evidence of that, so feel free to buy those tools without worrying. I've had mine for at least 8 years and they are not treated kindly nor babied. My friend builds decks and does bathrooms also uses these.

I agree with this.

I could have the best tools in the world vs an experienced contractor with ryobi... and they would still do a better job.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: gadje
Date: May 07, 2022 12:27PM
Supposedly RIDGID has lifetime warranty, tool AND BATTERIES if you register the battery right after purchase. I don't recall what the limit it, 30 or maybe 60 days, but don't delay and file the registration 3 years later when the battery dies, that won't work.

That being said, I do not own any RIDGID tools, but if I had to start fresh, I would look at their warranty first.
Posted by: d4
Date: May 07, 2022 12:37PM
Big difference in average occasional home ownership use and professional use.
4 hrs/month usage versus 4 hrs/day usage?

The OP has survived with one Ryobi 4v drill in "all [his] years of home ownership." I'm guessing he's not a Bob Villa type guy. He just wants a bunch of tools at his disposal when the need arises for the random small task around the house.

The best pro-level tools money can buy is not always appropriate for everyone. Unless money is no object of course.

Posted by: testcase
Date: May 07, 2022 01:00PM
That Ryobi kit sounds lake a good deal; ESPECIALLY since you'd get to pick an additional tool to boot. For "light homeowner" use, Ryobis should last for a long time. 18VDC Lithium IS the way to go in my opinion. Like many other brands, Ryobi has a MULIVERSE of tools in both 12VDC & 18VDC so, if you're future needs expand, there will probably be a tool to do the job you need to get done. You'd be able to buy the "bare tool" (no battery) because the batteries you already have will power the "new" tool.

Hitachi is another good name for "homeowner" grade tools.

YEARS ago, the NiCad batteries on my DeWalt tools needed to be replaced. I got a GREAT deal on a 15 piece M-18 LiIon Milwaukee set that has served me VERY well over the years. I've added a few extra tools (both M-18 & M-12). As for 20VDC, the "extra" 2 volts are mostly marketing hype. Stick with 18 volts.

In addition to Lowes & Home Depot, there are several online sources like Acme Tool (where I bought my initial 15 piece kit). Once you have a good set of tools, you might be surprised at how many different jobs you can tackle. LiIon batteries seem to have a very low "drain rate" (voltage loss when NOT being used) as opposed to the older NiCad chemistry so, when not in active use, the LiIon batteries will still give good service months after they've been charged.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 07, 2022 01:02PM
I have a mix of Ryobi and Milwaukee. The Ryobi are the lighter duty tools, basic drill, airless finishing nailer, air inflator. The Milwaukee are all the heavy duty tools. Ratchet, 1/2” impact, Hammer drill, Angle grinder, etc.

I haven’t had any issues with the Ryobi, they are good tools, but they won’t tolerate the abuse that the Milwaukee stuff will.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 07, 2022 01:10PM
Ryobi user here, that very multi-pac was my first purchase from them. The Sawzall and Drill get the biggest workout, the impact driver occasional, the light and 5.5" saw have never been used. I also have a hedge trimmer, orbital buffer and string trimmer. I'll get a leaf blower at some point. They work just fine for typical home use. Whatever you get, I recommend getting additional batteries (I bought two aftermarket 4.5v ones for a fraction of Ryobi price, they have held up just fine) and a good set drill bits (I bought Dewalt). The impact driver will need an adapter to fit any sockets.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Date: May 07, 2022 02:11PM
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it

Further investigation into the 6 tool Ryobi kit shows that it is NOT brushless

My handyman/friend told me to go for brushless FWIW
Date: May 07, 2022 02:13PM
Looking at the Lowe's site, the Bosch 12v tools look very similar to the Nextec mentioned above

[www.lowes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2022 02:14PM by pinkoos.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: May 07, 2022 02:23PM
Skipping reading some replies to say;

My 20v Dewalt Drill, impact driver, circular saw, and reciprocating saw have been my best home improvement tool investment EVER.

A close friend of mine is a contractor, and watching him, I learned that there's not much you can't do with them. There may be better ways to do something, but, if you need to get it done - you can with the right blades on things.

He is also partial to Milwaukee cordless tools, but, he likes the Dewalt circular saw better, and has a bunch of Dewalt batteries, so, hasn't converted.

Buy the "big" Dewalt contractor set, and two extra big batteries, and a slim battery (for tight spaces) as well.... You won't regret it.

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: wurm
Date: May 07, 2022 04:00PM
Robert M
I believe the Craftsmen Nextec 12v set I have has been discontinued. It's also many years old.

I believe you're right. I also have the (many year old) impact driver set and two batteries and charger that were part of the set. And every time I use mine, I'm grateful it still works great. Why oh why did they discontinue that line?

That said, I'm in the Ryobi camp and have been for a while. For the amount of handyman stuff I do, they serve my purposes just dandy.

BTW, if you're not familiar with this guy's Project Farm reviews, spend some time there. He's very thorough.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 07, 2022 04:14PM
lost in space
…and Festool.
$$$$$$$!

Robert M
…the set I have at home is a Craftsmen Nextec 12v. Drill, Impact Driver and several other tools. All use the same battery. I like them because they have a very good feel and they're capable enough for 90% of anything I'll do at home.

Nextec line is indeed discontinued. sad smiley
Posted by: lost in space
Date: May 07, 2022 04:45PM
lost in space
…and Festool.
$$$$$$$!

Indeed! Twice what I paid for the Bosch random orbital sander that preceded it. The ROS is my only Festool tool, but worth every penny to me. The way the Ryobi ROS and later, the Bosch, vibrate was affecting the nerves in my hand. The Festool is much smoother, and the choice of pads gets me better results. Dust collection is much improved too. I'd spend the $$ if I had it to do over again.

Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 07, 2022 05:40PM
WORX $209.00 + 15% + free Shipping

You look like a Worx kind of guy.

If I did not own just about everything B&D I would go Worx because I like their batteries and the fact that even the mowers will use them.

This drill and driver won me over years ago. I have two. I have most everything else too.

Charge them up and store them here. Knock off batteries keep me going. Now let's be honest. That circular saw is good for a couple of 2x4s and that is it. Corded tools still the choice for projects.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: John B.
Date: May 07, 2022 06:25PM
Lots of good comments and advice in this thread. I have Ryobi and Milwaukee cordless tools.

As others have pointed out, you’re buying into an ecosystem, and you’re buying for battery support. So for the ecosystem, I’d look at what else you may want (cordless lawn tools maybe?) and see what your chosen kit manufacturer offers that run on the same batteries.

I’m a personal example of manufacturer battery support, some of my Ryobi tools date back to 2004 (when they were blue and ran on NiCad batteries). NiCads were….disappointing….for run time life and holding a charge life. Then Ryobi came out with their Lithium batteries (and changed the tool color to green), but the new Lithium packs fit the old NiCad tools. Both my Ryobi and Milwaukee Lithium packs will sit for months on the shelf and not lose a noticeable charge.

Ryobi drills, recip saws, and lawn tools (blowers and string trimmers) have been good for me, where the old mini circular saw included with my original kit would struggle to make a straight cut across a 2x4. My Milwaukee drill and impact driver kits have been excellent.
Posted by: rz
Date: May 07, 2022 06:45PM
I have a mix of Ryobi and Dewalt. As said above, you're buying into an ecosystem because of the batteries. There are a crap-ton of different things that use the Ryobi 18v batteries, from drills and saws, to blowers and all kinds of stuff. I've gotten a lot of Ryobi stuff at auctions (real ones, not fleabay) for a fraction of what the big box places sell them for. Mostly reconditioned. Never had a problem with any of it. I'm not a pro, but I do enough that I put the stuff to good use.

Based on the OP's limited potential use, I'd say the Ryobi set will be more than adequate for his needs.
Date: May 07, 2022 07:30PM
where the old mini circular saw included with my original kit would struggle to make a straight cut across a 2x4.

This is the one ryobi piece I have that is a joke; I never use it. I'm guessingthat part of the problem is the sucky blade, but I have a great corded Porter
Cable circular saw, so I've never bothered to replace the blade on the ryobi.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: May 07, 2022 07:54PM
pinkoos
Looking at the Lowe's site, the Bosch 12v tools look very similar to the Nextec mentioned above

I got out of the Bosch 12V system because they didn't have the tools I wanted (past the basic drill kit). Switch to Milwaukee for my 12V needs.

For 18V/20V, I use DeWalt. One additional advantage to DeWalt is that they also have a 60V system and FlexVolt batteries, so you can use the 60V batteries in 20V tools as well. But that all sounds like overkill for you. And I bet a 12V system would be just fine if you don't have any heavy duty needs, and yes, the 12V tools can be significantly smaller and lighter. I now reach for the 12V Milwaukee drill over the 20V DeWalt for most tasks.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 08, 2022 01:07AM
I bought a $200 Ryobi deal at Home Depot and the circular saw is only 5-something inches, where the common one is 7 1/4.
Date: May 08, 2022 01:08AM
I believe the Craftsmen Nextec 12v set I have has been discontinued. It's also many years old.

I believe you're right.

Yes, the Nextec line was discontinued year ago.

Hence my posting I wish Craftsman hadn't dropped its excellent Nextec line.

However the batteries are still holding a fair charge, but when they're gone I'm afraid that's it.

I might try to open one up to see what's inside and if I can source some replacements.

Brushless is good for a device that gets a lot of use, but non-brushless has worked well for years with moderate use.

Still, even though I'm not a heavy DIYer, I'd go brushless where I could, just because.

I am that Masked Man.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Posted by: Cary
Date: May 08, 2022 06:43AM
I think the Ryobi set will do well for your use case, but, would choose differently.

It's A pleasure to use good tools. It's also a pleasure to use the right tool for the job.

I have Milwaukee 12 and 18 volt systems. I almost never use the 18v tools. The 12v tools are smaller, lighter (not an inconsequntial advantage), and more than powerful enough to do 98% of what I need.

If I were starting now, I would look at HD deals, and pick up one of the M12 sets constantly on sale with free tools.

As far as how many and which tools you need, it really depends what you're going to do with them, and your budget...
Date: May 08, 2022 01:17PM
Dennis S
I bought a $200 Ryobi deal at Home Depot and the circular saw is only 5-something inches, where the common one is 7 1/4.

Ryobi has a 5 1/2", 6 1/2" and 7 1/4" circular saws.

Anyone buying one of their many, many "Combo Kits" needs to review the specs of each tool (and battery) in the kit.
Date: May 08, 2022 01:20PM
RAMd®d

I believe you're right.

Yes, the Nextec line was discontinued year ago.

Hence my posting I wish Craftsman hadn't dropped its excellent Nextec line.

However the batteries are still holding a fair charge, but when they're gone I'm afraid that's it.

I might try to open one up to see what's inside and if I can source some replacements.

There are a number of after-market batteries available for Nextec tools:

[www.amazon.com]

Haven't purchased any myself, so cannot comment on quality.
Posted by: davester
Date: May 08, 2022 02:01PM
Dennis S

The common CORDED saw size is 7 1/4. Battery-powered saws have difficulty making such deep cuts and run out of power quickly, which are the reason that they most commonly have smaller blade diameters. If you really need a 7 1/4 inch saw then unless you absolutely must have maximum portability get a corded one.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Date: May 08, 2022 02:55PM
There are a number of after-market batteries available for Nextec tools

Good to know, thanks for that.

Taking a chance on a battery is preferable to just dump an otherwise working tool.

The 5 1/4" circular saw is the common Ryobi kit saw, that sells relatively cheap with a couple of ink cartridges batteries on Ryobi Days.

I look for it on Ryobi Days but it's always OOS.

I'll never need to cut anything thicker than a 2x4' or rip more than a 4x8' sheet of plywood or two, so I don't need the big bro saw.

One comment somewhere (Home Depot?) said the 5 1/4 won't cut a 2x4 in one pass, a reply said it would, but two passes wouldn't put me off.

Ryobi makes two 7 1/4" battery powered saws:

[www.ryobitools.com]

[www.ryobitools.com]

The second saw is part of a newer HP (High Performance) sub-compact line but uses the same 18V ONE+ battery.

It might be fine for regular use, but I'm not so sure about the first saw.

As I said before, I'm a lightweight DIYer and somewhat invested in the Ryobi line, but just on the feel alone, I'd have opted for something else, if I'd have known about the change in plastic chemistry.

I am that Masked Man.

When a good man is hurt,
must suffer with him.

Posted by: Fritz
Date: May 08, 2022 03:55PM
the contractor I used here is an old bud. He had all Dewalt except for a couple Makita specialized that he like better for use, though not for durability.
He said Dewalt if you're gonna use it. I have for 20 years, though I do need new batts.
Ryobi if it's gonna sit in the box or if the wife was gonna use it.
That comment went over like a fart in the elevator.
She bought me a 14v Dewalt and her own Dewalt impact driver for barnyard fences.
..... and elevator doors.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Racer X
Date: May 08, 2022 04:20PM
DeWalt is what used to be the Black and Decker Professional line, FWIW.

“A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand.” Seneca the Younger

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Judge Lee wrote that “we cannot jettison our constitutional rights, even if the goal behind a law is laudable." 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

[www.youtube.com]
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 09, 2022 09:38PM
pinkoos
Thanks for the replies, really appreciate it

Further investigation into the 6 tool Ryobi kit shows that it is NOT brushless

My handyman/friend told me to go for brushless FWIW

BRUSHLESS is the latest technology and you WILL pay more for Brushless tools. "Standard" tools have used brushes for many DECADES so, it IS a proven technology. As a home owner who's needs are primarilly "light duty" use, you'd be fine with the older technology. If the price difference is negligible, by all means spring for brushless. Good news is that the BATTERIES will work with either technology. I don't know if the warrantees would be any different but, just by going for ANY of the "major brands", it's unlikely that a tool will die prematurely.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020